Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Crash N Sane Trilogy Discussion! Thoughts on this Remake and the original

Feb 20 at 10:03:03 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hello Ladies & Gents,

So this has been revealed since the PlayStation Experience event in December but I feel now is a good time to talk about it as the game has been listed on retail sites.

I'm just curious to see how everyone feels about this, intially, I wasn't that bothered, but upon seeing the trailer I'm actually very interested. I think the reason I was initially meh was because I am still content with the originals. I'd be happy with just a digital re-release like they have been releasing PS2 titles on the PS Store. But of course, considering Crash's target audience is aimed at children (A market which has really been put on the bench for the last few generations) kids playing an emulation of a PS1 game might not think it can compete with say the remake or Ratchet & Clank on PS4 and become dissinterested.

I think the notion of a remake is exciting and brings Crash to a new generation of players. Crash Bandicoot has pretty much been in a coffin for years, many say after the property left Naughty Dog even, I personally feel the series really declined with Crash of the Titan & Crash Mind Over Mutant, which steered direction too far away from being a Platformer but becoming a God of War Hack n' Slash game! I do truly believe that Crash Twinsanity was a brilliant Platformer, diffferent with its open world game design, but still very well structured and with a wealth of humour. I'd have loved another sequel to that style of Crash game but it was not to be.

I think I am kinda of excited to re-play the Crash Trilogy like this. Of course with Remakes there will be changes, but from what I gather with in the trailer it is mostly cosmetic. From what I gather they're remaking the soundtrack too, which can be boreder good or bad. I remember utterly hating the Remastered Soundtrack for Final Fantasy X, where the music just felt off - Still convinced Tidus Theme begins off key... But with this Remake, they're Remastering the graphics entirely, so a soundtrack to compliment that overhaul makes sense - Where as with the Final Fantasy X Remaster was more about preserving the original design but in higher resolution.

I've got it pre-ordered, looking forward to it   If anything I hope this brings back a strong interest which encourages the devs' to take a chance on Crash as a property again.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...

Feb 20 at 10:07:06 AM
TheSuberMedic (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
If Ratchet & Clank can be successful with a reboot, then I believe Crash definitely can. The only question i have is how do they make a sequel to this, or how do they make more Crash games if/when the trilogy is a success.

There hasn't really been much in the way of successful Crash games outside of Naughty Dog so I fear for what Activision will pump out after this.

Also pre-ordered this and cannot wait for the release!

Edited: 02/20/2017 at 10:07 AM by TheSuberMedic

Feb 20 at 10:18:37 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
A very interesting question. I don't see why they can't just push out a Crash Bandicoot '4', none of the other titles had the numeral but subtitles. Sonic tried it, remember that Store download game we got which was episodic... took over a year or two to get the next part and then it tanked but that doesn't mean they can't apply the principle to Crash an succeed.

Is Activision involved in the development of this? or are they just holding onto the rights?

Feb 20 at 10:50:08 AM
TheSuberMedic (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

A very interesting question. I don't see why they can't just push out a Crash Bandicoot '4', none of the other titles had the numeral but subtitles. Sonic tried it, remember that Store download game we got which was episodic... took over a year or two to get the next part and then it tanked but that doesn't mean they can't apply the principle to Crash an succeed.

Is Activision involved in the development of this? or are they just holding onto the rights?
Activision currently owns the Crash IP. They have their own studio, Vicarious Visions, developing this under Activision. Vicarious are no stranger to developing Crash games either, they made Nitro Kart and a few more.

Crash 4 would be the dream with the same style gameplay as 1,2 & 3. However, this is Activision and I don't really trust them to make the right decisions for the franchise. I personally think that this is only being made with Sony money which is why its even being made in the first place.

Edited: 02/20/2017 at 10:51 AM by TheSuberMedic

Feb 23 at 12:23:36 PM
Mad Martigan (17)
< Kratos >
Pennsylvania
I think it's Sony's way of giving back to the older gamers. If you were a kid with the original Playstation and CB 1/2/3, you remember a more simple time when these platformers occupied your time. No crazy complicated stories, no grinding, just a colorful, fun platformer with humor and just enough challenges. It will be interesting to re-visit these games in a new way with a fresh coat of paint.

I wonder if the difficulty will be on par with the originals, easier, or harder? Hopefully if it does well they make a new game. If not, I'll be happy with the originals and these remakes.

Edited: 02/23/2017 at 05:26 PM by Mad Martigan

Feb 25 at 8:52:22 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I wonder if it has all the bonus stages, like in Crash 1 where you had to collect the tokens in the levels.

I remember on Crash 2 I reached the last Warp Room and stopped getting the Crystal's and focused on the Gems, with the aim in getting them all before continuing on with the last boss. There is no difference with the Gem ending when you don't have all the Crystals in the end.

Feb 28 at 12:49:28 PM
TDIRunner (9)
< Kratos >
Illinois
I'm very much excited for this. I also like the fact that it is going to be a 1:1 remake. The only change I hope they make to the original is the requirement to complete a level without a death in order to get the gem (along with getting all boxes). The second game simply required all boxes, which made going for a 100% much more fun.

I never got into part 3, but maybe this trilogy remake will help me do that. I will definitely pre-order this game.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Mar 05 at 11:09:39 AM
supercoupe91 (3)
< Bandicoot >
North Dakota
Definitely excited for this. I hope this sells well enough to warrant a brand-new Crash game and I hope Spyro receives the same treatment.

Mar 07 at 5:48:55 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Spyro would be even better suited to this generation of open world designed games, the stages for the time were huge! I'd get that also without a doubt.

One can also dream of a Crash Team Racing revamp with online....

Mar 22 at 11:13:46 AM
Galactrix (40)

(Kraken Soup) < Kratos >
New York
Originally posted by: supercoupe91

Definitely excited for this. I hope this sells well enough to warrant a brand-new Crash game and I hope Spyro receives the same treatment.
Oh man I'd buy a Spyro remastered collection in a heartbeat! I actually never liked the Crash games outside of Crash Team Racing. I downloaded the original on PSN but haven't played much of it. I'm still picking up the Crash Collection though. 

Mar 23 at 9:45:42 AM
mosquito8991 (0)
(Ricky Andre) < Bandicoot >
Massachusetts
Im so ready for this game!! Got it preordered. Still waiting on a special Crash theme PS4, and Crash collectors edition though!!

Apr 16 at 2:23:10 PM
mikezilla2 (1)

< Kratos >
so this is a Thing - apprently theres gonig to be about 100 of them Hand made ... ........   

anyone got any Info on it and the retailer in question ?  or what other collector sets might come about ?

Apr 19 at 11:45:48 AM
TDIRunner (9)
< Kratos >
Illinois
I finally got around to pre-ordering this last night. Got to love getting 20% off through Amazon. Still looking forward to this game.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."