Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Limited Run - A Collector's Penny Pincher? Talking about the company

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:07:17 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hello Ladies & Gents,

This is a topic I have wanted to discuss for some time and see what people think of - which is the Distributing company 'Limited Run'.

https://limitedrungames.com/colle...

The company seems to take game which are usually situated for Digital release and release a Limited Run of the title on physical edition. Of course it is a great opportunity for a game to get a physical release when it wouldn't but I have to say, I don't like the notion of this being of a limited stock only. It only leads to extortionate prices on eBay from months down the line and if this is the only method to get the game then once the title is sold out from the supplier that is it, for good.

We already have many Limited Editions of games (Too many if you ask me), even Day One Editions, which entice people to buy the game at launch for tid-bits of DLC... But often these Editions come back around for sale for a fair price. I don't see that happening with these series of releases at all. Even the way they number their releases just gives of this intention of their game being like prints of art, it's fine in the art world but gaming is a bit different, the product should be available to the consumer.

Do any of you own these games, what do you think of the process of a Limited Run of games? I'm still very hestiant.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:37:58 AM
TheSuberMedic (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
They need a pre order system. Luckily for me, none of the games they have released interest me. When the time comes they release a game i want to play I'll buy a copy. I was going to buy Octodad due to the fact I had already played it digitally but I honestly couldn't justify the price to replay the game again.

tl;dr if they release something i'm interested in, ill pick up a copy day one.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:30:01 AM
TDIRunner (10)
< Kratos >
Illinois
I've only ordered one game from them (I wish I would have ordered a few more). Overall, I'm happy with what they are doing. I wish they would offer a slightly larger quantity of games to keep the scalpers away, but it is what it is. I know several people who have been buying every copy since the start and have a "full set" of LRGs. I know that the one thing they are not super happy about is the fact that the releases seem to be happening more often. It's getting sort of expensive for those who want to buy all of them. For me, it doesn't matter because I'm not going for the full set.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:37:32 AM
kamakaze_ekun (4)
< Kratos >
Michigan
If they were to do a physical release of Scott Pilgrim VS The World then I would back that 100% of the way.

I am like a huge melting pot of friendship!!!

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:41:29 AM
supercoupe91 (3)
< Bandicoot >
North Dakota
I agree with what you said 100 percent. I think its awesome that these indie games are getting physical releases. The problem is with the low quantities available. They get scooped up by the scalpers and the hardcore collectors who will just keep them sealed on a shelf since they are instantly collectible. The people like me who just want a physical copy of a game to play get hosed.

Edited: 10/19/2016 at 08:42 AM by supercoupe91

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:01:50 PM
HotFuzz (10)
(UMD Collector) < Atom Child >
United Kingdom
I actually think they are a great publisher, I've had 5 vita titles from them in total and every transaction has been a good experience. I agree the games tend to increase in value very quickly especially for certain titles. However this is true for collecting anything not just video games. I just recently started collecting Star Wars Lego mini figures and kits some of which are extremely valuable. To date I have Saturday Morning RPG, Oddworld New and Tasty, Futuridium, Xeodrifter, Soldner X-2. Most have doubled and some even trebled in value from the original RRP. However a few of late are getting localised in Asia by playasia.com. Soldner X-2 can be had for a little over £20 and they are offering pre-orders right now. On the whole my experience with Limited Run Games has been really great and their customer service is excellent. Very Happy  

My Sony Playstation Collection UMD Games-415 UMD Video's-553 PSP Systems-14
PS Vita Games-154 PS Vita Systems-3-Playstation 4 system & 4 games

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:27:04 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Tron Bonne >
England
Yeah I like them, I've added Saturday Morning RPG but had to pay an after market price of £40 for it but thats not a lot more than a normal Vita release.

I've heard lots of stories about the customer service being ace too, how they dealt with the loose disc issues (not really their fault) was pretty good too

I would always want a physical release of a game so kudos to them for doing, plus they're not so limited that you'll never be able to get one. Of course theirs resellers who only buy to make a profit, but the company restricts the amount one person can but as much as possible

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:02:05 AM
Soera (161)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Ive been supporting them since day 1. I have gotten every PS4 release so far.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:58:39 PM
Ilias1 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Love the limited run stuff just a reminder something is coming out tomorrow