Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Progress on Playstation databases ongoing summary . . .

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:17:14 PM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Anyone using search parameters for PS3 Europe games will notice that all entries now have a front cover picture. All those not in green are PS1 items that will be hopefully removed and placed in the PS1 db. That's the marginally good news. Bad news is that from looking through there are an absolute sh*tload of games still missing.

This is gonna be a bigger job than i thought but as i said elsewhere . . .small moves. At least we have a start and something to build on.

So why bother with the database when there are resources out there? I can think of a coupla good reasons:

Firstly it's nice to have a searchable resource under one roof so to speak. A lot of the other dbs are all over the place. Secondly, from what I've witnessed elsewhere there are a lot of gaps notably Collectors Editions, steelbooks and variants. I hope to remedy that all in good time.

As ever the offer is always there for some good help with the inputs so if anybody has some spare time and desire the PS1 database has no takers at the moment.

It might be a while before i have more progress to report although I'll still be working.

-------------------------

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:42:18 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Neat, I actually just went through all my PS3 games on the data base and there is a lot missing, so I am going to update them now.
PS3 Collection:
http://playstationcollecting.com/...

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 02/21/2016 at 03:42 PM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:53:42 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Yes that's terrific Vivi and I hope some other people follow your example. That little lot will save me no end of work because even inputting just 20 games is reasonably time-consuming. Cheers mate.

Edit: BTW, that Bioshock Infinite Complete Edition is a bugger to find anywhere.

Edited: 02/22/2016 at 11:55 AM by kennyrh

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:11:53 PM
bubbapauls (21)
(Brian ) < Bandicoot >
Kansas
I wouldn't mind helping with the NTSC PS1 database. It wouldn't be hard to add in some of the missing stuff like release dates, publishers, and cover art.

My FT/FO List and Wanted List:  http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:56:21 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
My pleasure, I would love to see this section get more attention. I imagine if I could find so many titles from my 80+ collection there must be many titles still to enter.

I managed to snag that Bioshock for £10 at my local game, I think they just put it under the price of the standard edition, I managed to get L.A. Noire's Complete Edition under the same circumstance

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:14:49 PM
Jeisas (0)
( Dain) < Klonoa >
Alabama
Engine of this database still is very annoying. Is here any Admins or Moderators who have rights to improve it?

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:15:05 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I think most of them are on Nintendo Age... I'm going to cross-over baord and let them know that we're having an updating phase - Looking at the Nintendo games on the DB last night it's actually even worse that the PS Selection - Didn't even have Xenoblade, which is a sin in by book!

Edited: 02/23/2016 at 04:15 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:56:23 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: bubbapauls

I wouldn't mind helping with the NTSC PS1 database. It wouldn't be hard to add in some of the missing stuff like release dates, publishers, and cover art.
Okay matey. Good to hear. If you PM Paul F he will set you up with editing rights. Any problems with the database let me know and I'll try to help

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:58:22 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

My pleasure, I would love to see this section get more attention. I imagine if I could find so many titles from my 80+ collection there must be many titles still to enter.

I managed to snag that Bioshock for £10 at my local game, I think they just put it under the price of the standard edition, I managed to get L.A. Noire's Complete Edition under the same circumstance

I was a bit taken aback when I was entering the front covers and realised how many games were missing from just the PAL/Europe PS3 stuff. Gonna be a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng job . . . *shudder*

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:22:12 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Indeed, I just went through about 20 DS games which took an hour - I do say, the EU DS section is very well recorded! only bummer is that they didn't include images or dates. (Updated the Dragon Quest, FF titles and more)

This is the process I have been doing:
GAMEFAQS Search:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search?pl...

Then go on images, EU and often there will also be a backcover, use judgement on the quality of the cover, if its not good and you know you can get a better one do so, but I find this an easyway to find backcovers too

After you have your images and save them, go preess backwards on your web browser & it goes back to the search with the catagory your searching in at the ready - so if you type in Resident Evil, you dont get GBA or Gamecube ones. I find by going back you dont have to identify the catagory again making it faster than a new search.

One problem in doing this is that it sort of making it feel like a waste of time, I find that if I update an entry it does not automatically update in my Collection - This is something the forum Wizards of above need to sort out.

Edited: 02/24/2016 at 07:24 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:45:47 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Yeah, I do much the same process as yourself mate but there's no quick way round it. Just searching the front cover image, downloading it to a PC then uploading to the db is a fairly lengthy process considering you have to rename the file from those daft numbers if you have any hope of retreiving the thing. I don't see much point in wasting time on back covers because they are not really necessary IMHO.

I loved the db at Xed's old site and one of the members there did me a little program that farmed all the game info from gamefaqs very quickly. Wouldn't work here though.

Despite some negative comments I've seen about members here and NA not giving a toss about the db i still see a need for it. At least a need for one that has good up-to-date info.

Edited: 02/24/2016 at 09:48 AM by kennyrh

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:16:50 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Well I hoped on NA and someone claimed they put 200 titles on a DB within 10 minutes... bare, no pics, but it would be a help, so i did ask him if he could set us a base to start detailing the PS4 collection. spent some time on the PS1 section today, them double packs are trick but I got them all apart from Tomb Raider IV/Chronicles - Which I question if it exists. But at least the 1st page looks decent now. Though I'm currently dealing with 3 versions of Alundra...

From what I browsed of the PS3 library it looks really good! Didn't see 1 without a picture

Edited: 02/24/2016 at 10:34 AM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:01:58 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
200 in 10 minutes? I'd bite his hand off for the info on how.

I thought I'd start by providing the existing games with front covers - seemed like a logical place to commence. As i said, when I discovered the amount of missing stuff then my heart sank a little. But it's gonna be small moves and perhaps something to shout about by the summer (unless tht guy at NA tips up his technique )

Edited: 02/24/2016 at 11:02 AM by kennyrh

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:31:32 PM
bubbapauls (21)
(Brian ) < Bandicoot >
Kansas
Originally posted by: kennyrh

Okay matey. Good to hear. If you PM Paul F he will set you up with editing rights. Any problems with the database let me know and I'll try to help

I messaged Paul F but I still haven't received permission to edit anything.  Maybe I will have permission by this weekend and I can start working on the NTSC stuff.

My FT/FO List and Wanted List:  http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:55:45 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Originally posted by: kennyrh

I messaged Paul F but I still haven't received permission to edit anything.  Maybe I will have permission by this weekend and I can start working on the NTSC stuff.

Okay, well i haven't heard from Paul F for a few days so perhaps he's busy., If you hear nothing by the weekend let me know and I'll remind him when he gets the time.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:18:10 AM
beyre83 (1)
< Kratos >
England
Ken i will be helping with the PS2 Pal Database soon as i have my games on the shelves i can then help fill in any missing info
Paul F has set me up to be able todo it let me know what sort of stuff you want adding ie Pictures that kind of things

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:07:33 PM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: beyre83

Ken i will be helping with the PS2 Pal Database soon as i have my games on the shelves i can then help fill in any missing info
Paul F has set me up to be able todo it let me know what sort of stuff you want adding ie Pictures that kind of things

OK my friend, good news. Looking at the state of the PS3 database I decided to concentrate on the PAL Europe stuff. So i added front covers to the games already there and now i'm in the process of adding all the missing stuff (nightmare time )

If you want to follow that procedure it would be good. If you need any help about where to get covers or game info let me know.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:43:18 PM
beyre83 (1)
< Kratos >
England
So i managed to add Beta Bloc to the database as it was missing but for some reason it did not add the publisher Essential Games or the SLES Code SLES54789 see http://playstationcollecting.com/...
if you could give me some tips on how how to add that to the record as i am struggling to find it i would appreciate it

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:05:41 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
OK beyre, I understand your problem because the database is a bit unuser-friendly to be sure. i just figured it out from trial and error really.

Hit the edit button and on the first screen go to the Edit Set where you'll find a pull down menu. Click on "Extended information" which will bring up another screen where you can go back and edit anything that went wrong. So, in this case you need the year (just the year because that's all the database picks up.)

Now, Publisher is strange because you also have a pull-down menu so you have to find the publisher and then click on it. Now you can't do the SLES code from here so don't forget to click on save which will bring up another screen. On the carts dropdown menu click on Carts data and right at the bottom you will see SKU/Code so either type it in or copy paste from somewhere.

Right-o, now save that and you'll be back to the previous screen. You can add your front cover picture in the dropdown boxes options at Edit Boxes Images. Having uploaded the image to your pc just browse for it at top left and once again don't forget to save.

Finally click the X top right and refresh the database page to see if it all went ok.

Next time you add a game (You can do that by edit button on any game then right at the top of the page. which you probably know by now) you will come across all those screens i just mentioned - just don't forget to save.

Any more problems let me know

Edited: 02/27/2016 at 10:07 AM by kennyrh

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:41:17 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
On the PS1 section there is a hell of a lot of duplicates... what are we going to do about that?

In theory on the seach a title should not appear twice and if your have another version of the game it should be listed within that title and appear below. For example, there are a lot of Army Men titles with two SLES codes and in the search they appear as two seperate titles. It's just making it a little clutured.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:56:54 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

On the PS1 section there is a hell of a lot of duplicates... what are we going to do about that?

In theory on the seach a title should not appear twice and if your have another version of the game it should be listed within that title and appear below. For example, there are a lot of Army Men titles with two SLES codes and in the search they appear as two seperate titles. It's just making it a little clutured.

I appreciate the problem Vivi. Somebody at some stage thought it was a good idea to add PS1 games that are sold on PSN to the PS3 database. So we have them listed twice - one place not where they ought to be. I have already asked Paul F about a delete button but, apparently, all deletions have to go through Dain at NA. I compiled a list which Paul F is going to forward on.

Seems like the only solution at the minute.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:15:41 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Done the second page on PS1 PAL:

Left out a few items, Animaniacs Ten Pin, I just couldnt find anything on a PAL release and then some demos...

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:24:45 PM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Done the second page on PS1 PAL:
http://playstationcollecting.com/index.cfm?StartRow=101&...

Left out a few items, Animaniacs Ten Pin, I just couldnt find anything on a PAL release and then some demos...
Go go Vivi

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:58:46 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Just gone over the Final Fantasy's... couldnt wait on them, had to be done Also I re-did all the Batman & Battle Arena Toshinden titles & a few otehr various ones. Will go through another page when time allows