Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How Many PS2 Games Do You Have?

May 21, 2015 at 9:40:09 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Just 146. But I'm not activly pursuing a full set. I'm really only interested in PS2 games that I actually want to play. I'm much more likely to pursue a full PS1 set, but I doubt that will ever happen either.

-------------------------

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

May 21, 2015 at 12:43:25 PM
SHLIMPOLE (2)

< Cloud >
tbh a full ps2 set i feel is pointless. yo0ud just end up with over 500 games that you wouldnt even want at all.
sure it would be nice to own them all, but so many people are attemting it its going to become impossible at some point. then if you do accomplish it noones ever gonna be interested in buying them all off you if you decide to sell.
collectors like to collect!

i tend to buy the wierd looking games and titles i always wanted but couldnt afford. i used to buy one game every now and again.....for £10 now i can buy 20 games. ill stop buyin them when it gets to a point the games stop looking wierd lol

Check out my PS2 and Retro Gaming channel on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNZylG5ZROX7uhBo-GjnHqg

Jump straight to the Phoenix Games Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL6TPX2q8tWS_jjFUveVL...

May 25, 2015 at 6:22:12 AM
JonB (1)

< Klonoa >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: SHLIMPOLE

tbh a full ps2 set i feel is pointless. yo0ud just end up with over 500 games that you wouldnt even want at all.
sure it would be nice to own them all, but so many people are attemting it its going to become impossible at some point. then if you do accomplish it noones ever gonna be interested in buying them all off you if you decide to sell.
collectors like to collect!

i tend to buy the wierd looking games and titles i always wanted but couldnt afford. i used to buy one game every now and again.....for £10 now i can buy 20 games. ill stop buyin them when it gets to a point the games stop looking wierd lol

With the PS2 fullset, it has to be something you want to do because you want it, not just because you want to say you've done it and then sell it on. Your point about having a lot of games you don't want is true, but that applies to the vast majority of full sets, if not all of them.

I think you're right about it becoming impossible at some point, as it is already getting harder (and more expensive) in regards to a range of titles. If I knew what I know now back when I started actively collecting the full set, I'd still have started to do it. However, knowing what I know now I would not start today if I had not already and was starting from scratch. 

At the time I started, I wasn't aware of anyone else doing so (even here, no one had confirmed they were) and judging by some of the bargains I was able to pick up not only from eBay/Amazon but websites of actual high street game stores (Metal Slug Anthology for £4.99 delivered being just one example I got from Gamestation) I'm guessing very few people were. 

May 25, 2015 at 8:15:09 AM
SHLIMPOLE (2)

< Cloud >
i think it was the massive price drop in games that started off the full set fiasco...no other console can you buy games at a shop for 5p, because of this, a full set seemed very possible, unfortunately as you get further down the line you realise some games had as little as 1000 print runs. id say today theres 10,000 ps2 collectors easy, so finding one of those 1000 print run games is going to be impossible to some.

spain has a massive collector movement, and from research they have the most detailed info on the web, it wouldnt suprise me if a lot of low print games have already ended up there

Check out my PS2 and Retro Gaming channel on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNZylG5ZROX7uhBo-GjnHqg

Jump straight to the Phoenix Games Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL6TPX2q8tWS_jjFUveVL...

May 25, 2015 at 1:07:27 PM
JonB (1)

< Klonoa >
United Kingdom
I started before prices of the common games reached their lowest but was anticipating this happening so started off looking for the rarer stuff at the beginning. I was aware of the nature of the rarity of a significant number of titles, although not the in depth specifics about the level of rarity or which titles were the rarest.

I started out with a "Is this possible?" attitude rather than a "How long will this take?" from the off. Had I been sure of success from the start I possibly would not have started, and I'm still taking nothing for granted. No one on here seems ignorant of the difficulty of a full set, but I've seen other place where people talk of uncommon but not rare games as if they are the holy grail and I think these are the people who will hit a brick wall of sudden awareness.

People who start up buying all the cheap sports games at the start in order to get their numbers up are the ones likely to drop out when they realise that having 50% of PS2 titles doesn't mean you're even close to half way complete.

May 25, 2015 at 1:20:53 PM
Sebastianroche (0)
< Baby Bandicoot >
Sweden
1000+ games is pretty darn impressive

i have 23 or so japanese ps2 games, some of them are rather pretty in their special edition boxes, still waiting for my factory sealed ps2 games to arrive =(
actually now when i think about it im not even sure ive ever seen a factory sealed japanese ps2 game O.o

i didnt mean to buy any japanese games but its kinda hard to resist when you see a complete final fantasy VII and VIII PS1 for 40 cents each

Carl med Guds Nåde, Sveriges, Götes och Vendes Konung, Storfurste till Finland, Hertig uti Skåne, Estland, Livland, Karelen, Bremen, Verden, Stettin, Pommern, Kassuben och Venden, Furste till Rügen, Herre över Ingermanland och Wismar, så och Pfalzgreve vid Rhen, i Bayern, samt till Jülich, Kleve och Berg Hertig. Greve till Valdens, Spanheim, Mark och Ravensburg och Herre till Ravenstein.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:59:50 PM
JonB (1)

< Klonoa >
United Kingdom
Seeing as I haven't updated my count here for a while, I'll just confirm I'm now on 1865.

And out of shelf space.

And about to start stacking them on the floor, until I get told off for it.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:06:30 PM
Mr Sega (4)
(Mr Sega) < Chrono Crosser >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: JonB

Seeing as I haven't updated my count here for a while, I'll just confirm I'm now on 1865.

And out of shelf space.

And about to start stacking them on the floor, until I get told off for it.

Seems like you have the biggest collection as I know that your head count is accurate.  Well Done! 

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:50:21 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Kratos >
New York
You guys are insane. I have 3 :-P But I sold almost all of them a few years ago but am in the process of reaquiring them since PS2 is relatively cheap to collect for. At my peak I had around 25-30 PS2 games.

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:22:07 PM
StealthRUSH (0)
< Kratos >
Florida
A mere..

45 games not including 8 Demo Discs.

PCエンジン シーディーロム² ■ セガサターン ■ プレイステーション ドリームキャスト
ファミコン 
セガマスターシステム  スーパーファミコン  メガドライブ  ネオジオ

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:41:00 AM
beyre83 (1)
< Kratos >
England
i currently have 560 Playstation 2 Games Hit the 25% Mark Today 18/08/2015 See http://www.retrocollect.com/video...
i started at the end of may this year and i started to collect the full set before i even joined retrocollect or later psc even in the short time iv'e been collecting
i've noticed the price going up on certain games have i been put off not really will i complete the set most definitely but might take a while

Edited: 08/18/2015 at 07:25 AM by beyre83

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:57:23 AM
Gemini-Phoenix (0)
(Gemini Phoenix) < Tron Bonne >
United Kingdom
I was tidying up the other day and finally unpacked a box of mixed items (from when I moved house 3 years ago), and found 20+ sealed PS2 titles that I forgot I had bought! Must have been a last-minute package I grabbed the week I moved house, as it was bundled with a bunch of other sealed games and Blu-Rays I forgot I had! That was a nice little surprise, and almost felt like how you remember Christmas morning from when you were 8 years old! It was like a time capsule. I still don't know how many PS2 titles I own, but at least I know it's 20+ more than I thought I had before

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:27:38 PM
BarbaricAvatar (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
I'm at 635. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Bar...
Only 9 are not CIB - 1 is disc-only, 1 is missing its cover and the other 7 are lacking the manual.

I can only envisage having around 50 more as i only collect games that i want to play. I do still pick up titles that aren't on my want-list but i have no issue with trading them in again if i don't like them.

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:41:13 PM
beyre83 (1)
< Kratos >
England
My Collection is Now @ 648 And There All Complete In Box Games of these 648 73 of them are Brand New Sealed Games Aiming to Hit 700 by the End of the Month

Edited: 10/09/2015 at 07:41 PM by beyre83

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:26:48 PM
Jeisas (0)
( Dain) < Klonoa >
Alabama
Today i added 1123th game in my collection (you know why this number so important). And still lots 2-3eur titles around me. I believe difficulties will start from 1500+. And most annoying thing for my is space, i have very limited space... When collection was small i simply build more shelf's, when wall was full of shelf's i took away all game variants. Later with come time for platinium games, after that i removed all EA sport games since they not so valuable. Now removed all complete series, and what next? But still enjoying collecting so much.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:35:19 PM
BarbaricAvatar (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
Originally posted by: BarbaricAvatar

I'm at 635. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/BarbaricAvatar/games/owned?pla...
Only 9 are not CIB - 1 is disc-only, 1 is missing its cover and the other 7 are lacking the manual.

I can only envisage having around 50 more as i only collect games that i want to play. I do still pick up titles that aren't on my want-list but i have no issue with trading them in again if i don't like them.
Well i screwed that idea up then!  

Now at 778, although i have been making an effort to play them over the past year. I don't keep games i don't like, so even though i'm still buying i expect my "final" figure will be around 730. At least i've fixed most of the descrepencies from before. Still have that one with a missing cover but just got 2 without manuals now and no disc-only's.

Jan 20 at 9:18:33 AM
estepan (0)

< Bandicoot >
Hi, I have 55 ps2 games in all, I also do not keep games that I do not like.

________________________________________________________________________________
Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

Edited: 01/23/2019 at 03:55 PM by estepan

Feb 24 at 4:42:04 AM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< Kratos >
Michigan
Last time I checked i was around 150. Ive managed to pick up more since then but have no idea what that number could be.

WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Mar 01 at 10:24:40 PM
GetOffMyLawn (0)
< Bandicoot >
I currently own around 50. Back in the day I had a few hundred but sold them to buy a PS3 (I regret it so much). I'm slowly building my collection back.

Aug 30 at 2:05:43 PM
Goeone (0)

(Juan van Woerkom) < Bandicoot >
Netherlands
Hiya All!

I am on 660 right now.
28% of the total database ...