Jun 27, 2012 at 3:17:01 PM
Mr Sega (4)
(Mr Sega) < Chrono Crosser >
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum.

I just wanted to find out 'How Many Playstation 2 Games Do You Have?'

I know it appears to be a 'childish' question,
however, its not a 'bragging rights' issue.

Its just that when you get to a certain point your targets and the way you look at your collection and the way you collect changes.

I was doing well and got up to around 700 - 800.

Then realised I had to spend a bit more per game to get the more 'desirable games',
please note that the 'desirable' games were not actually 'rare' games,
just 'over hyped as being rare' LOL

Anyway, i'm just over the 1,000 mark and its still amazing how many games i'm missing,
however, the collection has become a bit stagnant as i've decided not to count games which have scratches or are missing manuals.

I know i'll never get up to the 2,500 mark,
however, trying hard to get up to 2,000.

How's everyone else's collection going?
I'm assuming that everyone else is more about Quality than Quantity,
however, i'm more interested in finding 'underrated gems' and finding really awful games just to laugh at to be honest.

Talk soon

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:56:41 PM
JonB (1)

< Klonoa >
United Kingdom
I'm up to 832 at the minute I think, but have made a point of trying to get the vast majority of rare, expensive or just hard to find titles first. Partly so as once I get to 1,000 it gets easier rather than harder to find and afford things, but also because I'd sooner buy rare titles now than wait a few years and have to pay much higher prices, or risk not being able to find a copy at all.

Must admit that laughing at awful games has become a bit of a favourite past time for me and a friend of mine. Watching the cartoon included on "Empire of Atlantis" must count as the most painful experience my PS2 has ever put me through, but we still couldn't stop until it had finished. We knew it would be extremely bad, we watched it for that very reason, but there was no way we imagined a commercially released product could be that bad. I pity any children who were subjected to this abomination.

On a sort of related note, the worst part of collecting for me is when really awful games turn out to be valuable due to low print runs.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:03:47 PM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Hey man!

I did the same thing and then saw quite a few games shoot down in value LOL
When you get to 1,000 things actually get easier for around another 100 or so and then there a sudden halt LOl

Ah LOL I  just got that Empire of Atlantis game 2 weeks ago,
its cost around £3 I think or a bit less.

Worse thing is, is that they probably wanted a tenner for it in the shops when i'd rather switch on the old Amstrad CPC and play a £1.99 Codemaster game LOL

I also got Animal Soccer World LOL
I don't think anything is as worse,
I don't even think you play football in it,
i've just watched the You Tube vids of it.
That one cost me £3

I've read reviews in my old PS2 mags about Kuon and the Hack Series and they got low ratings, however always seems to sell for decent money - all the best games are actually very affordable.

I don't really bother with Platinum stuff anymore so don't count it,
I just need to replace MOTO GP and I think 1 other game.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:05:08 PM
De_Reyman (1)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
I'm around 500-550 right now, and I have most of the games that are regared as good games, such as the Jak and Daxter series, Ratchet & Clank series, Sly Raccoon series, Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series, Shin Megami Tensei series, Dark Cloud series and so on. Of course, there are still many games I need, but I am not in a hurry. I'm running out of space, anyway.

Sadly, I don't have a list anymore. Still have to make a new one...

-------------------------

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:06:11 PM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: JonB

I'm up to 832 at the minute I think, but have made a point of trying to get the vast majority of rare, expensive or just hard to find titles first. Partly so as once I get to 1,000 it gets easier rather than harder to find and afford things, but also because I'd sooner buy rare titles now than wait a few years and have to pay much higher prices, or risk not being able to find a copy at all.

Must admit that laughing at awful games has become a bit of a favourite past time for me and a friend of mine. Watching the cartoon included on "Empire of Atlantis" must count as the most painful experience my PS2 has ever put me through, but we still couldn't stop until it had finished. We knew it would be extremely bad, we watched it for that very reason, but there was no way we imagined a commercially released product could be that bad. I pity any children who were subjected to this abomination.

On a sort of related note, the worst part of collecting for me is when really awful games turn out to be valuable due to low print runs.

...but how do we really know an item got a low print run?

I can't see many titles shooting up in value if they continue to get re-released as trilogys for PS3.
Will be interesting to see.

Have you got Echo Night Beyond yet?

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:07:48 PM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: De_Reyman

I'm around 500-550 right now, and I have most of the games that are regared as good games, such as the Jak and Daxter series, Ratchet & Clank series, Sly Raccoon series, Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series, Shin Megami Tensei series, Dark Cloud series and so on. Of course, there are still many games I need, but I am not in a hurry. I'm running out of space, anyway.

... Cool, do you have KOF series or Naruto or are you more into just buying RPG's and Platform type games?

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:28:59 PM
JonB (1)

< Klonoa >
United Kingdom

I can't see many titles shooting up in value if they continue to get re-released as trilogys for PS3.

The titles getting re-released as trilogies will possibly go down in value rather than increase, at least in the short to medium term, but the games included in them are pretty common in real terms anyway. Also it seems that it is the most common,easily available games in the series that get included. (e.g. Silent Hill 2 and 3 but no Shattered Memories or Origins, Jak and Daxter 1-3 but no lost frontier).

I have got Echo Night Beyond, haven't played it yet though. Hope I can make sense of it without playing the original Echo Night as I don't have that.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:49:07 PM
Guyra (3)
< Chrono Crosser >
Norway
My collection isn't large, but it's growing rapidly. It's currently at 73 games, of which I've gotten 14 during the last two weeks.

I've got some crappy games, some great ones, some weird ones, and everything in between. Of the more interesting games in my PS2 collection, I'd personally mention these:
Beyond Good & Evil
King's Field IV
Myst III: Exile
Okami
Oni
Project Zero 1 & 3
Shadow of Memories
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 0 and Collection
Tenchu 3 & 4

I'm no fan of Platinum releases, though six of the games in my collection are, so they're going to be swapped out at some point.

Echo Night is a series I really want to have in my collection, myself.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:54:52 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
78 - But I should note that I don't collect any old crap I can find, all my games I play and love dearly

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:31:42 AM
De_Reyman (1)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: Mr Sega

... Cool, do you have KOF series or Naruto or are you more into just buying RPG's and Platform type games?

Yes, I do have what I believe to be the complete KOF series with the following titles:

The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
The King of Fighters 2000-2001
The King of Fighters 2002
The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match (Japanese import)
The King of Fighters 2003
NeoWave: The King of Fighters
The King of Fighters XI
The King of Fighters Maximum Impact
The King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2

And even though I don't watch Naruto at all, I do have quite a number of games within the series for PlayStation 2:

Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5 (promotional copy)

Anything else you wanna know about?

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:46:35 AM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: JonB

The titles getting re-released as trilogies will possibly go down in value rather than increase, at least in the short to medium term, but the games included in them are pretty common in real terms anyway. Also it seems that it is the most common,easily available games in the series that get included. (e.g. Silent Hill 2 and 3 but no Shattered Memories or Origins, Jak and Daxter 1-3 but no lost frontier).

I have got Echo Night Beyond, haven't played it yet though. Hope I can make sense of it without playing the original Echo Night as I don't have that.

That Echo Night looks boring lol (although, yes I do have it lol)
didn't even realise there was an original Echo Night.

Anyone know why this game has been overhyped?
The review I read was average

Anyone actually like it?

Please note, i'm probably 'anti Echo Night' because i'm a Football, Shmups & Beat 'em ups fan LOL

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:49:58 AM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom

Yes, I do have what I believe to be the complete KOF series with the following titles:

The King of Fighters XI

And even though I don't watch Naruto at all, I do have quite a number of games within the series for PlayStation 2:

LOL Yeah!!!!!!

How much and where did you get your Ultimate Match '98 from?
I had to get mine from India,
although a Sealed one popped up on ebay last week - first i've seen.
The others i've seen were German.

Also...... how comes you don't have Ultimate Ninja 1 or was that just a typo? lol

Thanks

Oh, lastly I think your missing KOF Orochi Saga?
I'm missing it and if anyone knows a source to a decent price one, please let me know

Thanks

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:53:18 AM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Guyra

My collection isn't large, but it's growing rapidly. It's currently at 73 games, of which I've gotten 14 during the last two weeks.

I've got some crappy games, some great ones, some weird ones, and everything in between. Of the more interesting games in my PS2 collection, I'd personally mention these:
Beyond Good & Evil
King's Field IV
Myst III: Exile
Okami
Oni
Project Zero 1 & 3
Shadow of Memories
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 0 and Collection
Tenchu 3 & 4

I'm no fan of Platinum releases, though six of the games in my collection are, so they're going to be swapped out at some point.

Echo Night is a series I really want to have in my collection, myself.

Cool!
Did you get Myst III with the cardboard type cover and strategy guide?

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:31:19 AM
Guyra (3)
< Chrono Crosser >
Norway
Hah, then you probably won't like Echo Night. Haven't played them myself, but those are as far as I know first person horror adventure games, so it's basically puzzle solving and such.

As for my copy of Myst III: Exile, yes, it's the one with the slipcase and strategy guide. That kind of made me buy it(even though I already like the Myst series).

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:12:00 PM
Nintendawg (3)
< Gran Tourist >
Australia
Somewhere between 500 and 550. I have only bought about 15 games this year, mainly because I simply don't have the space for more. Once I got to about 500 I took a step back and realised I would probably need a room dedicated to just PS2 if I wanted to try and store a full PAL set.

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:27:03 PM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Nintendawg

Somewhere between 500 and 550. I have only bought about 15 games this year, mainly because I simply don't have the space for more. Once I got to about 500 I took a step back and realised I would probably need a room dedicated to just PS2 if I wanted to try and store a full PAL set.

CooL!

Judging from your posts, I bet your sitting on some major 'heat' lol

What's your Top 5/Top 10 from your collection in regards to Hard to Find or just weirdly obsure?

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:25:18 PM
MetalJesusRocks (0)
(Metal Jesus) < Baby Bandicoot >
Washington
I have 156 PS2 games, which is about right. I think I will eventually have 200, which should contain all the games I would actually ever play.

Love Live the C64!

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:35:01 PM
JonB (1)

< Klonoa >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: MetalJesusRocks

I have 156 PS2 games, which is about right. I think I will eventually have 200, which should contain all the games I would actually ever play.

Quite a varied selection you have there (looking through has reminded me I'm yet to play the criminally ignored Micro Machines V4. Hope it's as good as V3), but does the above mean you'd actually play Britney's Dance Beat?

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:00:11 AM
De_Reyman (1)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands

The King of Fighters XI

LOL Yeah!!!!!!

Also...... how comes you don't have Ultimate Ninja 1 or was that just a typo? lol

Thanks

I'm missing it and if anyone knows a source to a decent price one, please let me know

Thanks
Oh, that's the one I forgot. The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga is also in my collection for PlayStation 2.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja is the only one in the Ultimate Ninja series for PlayStation 2 I am still missing. Will get it eventually, but it's not a game that has priority right now.

And I got my The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match from a local store here that practically sells everything. I paid €6,50 for a complete copy about two years back. And, as fate would have it, I bought another copy today, also complete, for €3,95. Must admit that  that DVD-Rom has been polished, though. 

I'll put it up for sale. But before people start PM'ing me, I must apologize. I cannot ship to other countries! Have no experience with it.

The Japanese version of The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match cost me €40,- though. I also bought that game on XBLA for 800 MS Points, but I never really play that version. I'm more of a disc-guy.

Also, I have the PlayStation 2 game "Azumi" which was based on the anime. I got hooked to Azumi when I saw the 2003 movie in which the beautiful Ueto Aya portrayed the role perfectly. The game was only released in Japan, though. Ever since that moment, I've been a big fan of her. I urge everyone who's even remotely interested in Japanese movies and shows to check out her work! But that's off-topic.

People interested in buying Azumi for PlayStation 2, check here! Video's of the game on YouTube are scarce, but

's at least one...

Edited: 06/29/2012 at 05:03 AM by De_Reyman

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:29:35 PM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom

The King of Fighters XI

LOL Yeah!!!!!!

Thanks

Thanks
Oh, that's the one I forgot. The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga is also in my collection for PlayStation 2.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja is the only one in the Ultimate Ninja series for PlayStation 2 I am still missing. Will get it eventually, but it's not a game that has priority right now.

And I got my The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match from a local store here that practically sells everything. I paid €6,50 for a complete copy about two years back. And, as fate would have it, I bought another copy today, also complete, for €3,95. Must admit that  that DVD-Rom has been polished, though. 

I'll put it up for sale. But before people start PM'ing me, I must apologize. I cannot ship to other countries! Have no experience with it.

The Japanese version of The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match cost me €40,- though. I also bought that game on XBLA for 800 MS Points, but I never really play that version. I'm more of a disc-guy.

Also, I have the PlayStation 2 game "Azumi" which was based on the anime. I got hooked to Azumi when I saw the 2003 movie in which the beautiful Ueto Aya portrayed the role perfectly. The game was only released in Japan, though. Ever since that moment, I've been a big fan of her. I urge everyone who's even remotely interested in Japanese movies and shows to check out her work! But that's off-topic.

People interested in buying Azumi for PlayStation 2, check here! Video's of the game on YouTube are scarce, but

's at least one...

Hey,

No rush for Naruto as there's loads around I guess.
I did upgrade my copy last month to a sealed one which cost around £3 so was happy.

Wow, that was a bargain for Ultimate match '98 - CooL!

Will have to check out Azumi, thanks for the link, although I still need to get a mutli regional Playstation.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:44:19 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < Alucard >
Netherlands

at one point i thought it would be done at 50 games
then it was 200
now it's nearly 800

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:55:28 AM
Mr Sega (4)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Xed

at one point i thought it would be done at 50 games
then it was 200
now it's nearly 800

LOL
Me too....
I blame Xed and his freakin video update for my mass PS2 collection LOL

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:09:50 AM
Guyra (3)
< Chrono Crosser >
Norway
It never ends! xD

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:17:24 PM
De_Reyman (1)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands

It never ends! xD
It does. But someday, you'll have to start buying the bad games...

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:43:44 PM
Guyra (3)
< Chrono Crosser >
Norway

It never ends! xD
It does. But someday, you'll have to start buying the bad games...

Indeed! Although, I've already got some of them ...