Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PS1 PAL - Rarest & Most Expensive games List

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:29:19 PM
Mr.Play1 (0)
< Bandicoot >
Italy
...Don't forget Ballistic (no Value Series,of course)

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:31:30 AM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: Mr.Play1

...Don't forget Ballistic (no Value Series,of course)

really rare sure, I higly doubt that it is worth quitte allot though. i'm pretty sure it will sell for cheap, I can't imagine it fetching nice money.

If something is undesirable no matter how rare it is, it will sell for cheap.

-------------------------

Your Stylish Sword Master!

http://vgcollect.com/sworddude...

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:10:33 PM
Mr.Play1 (0)
< Bandicoot >
Italy
...Define UNDESIRABLE...

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:36:53 PM
Razorblade1812 (0)
(Tobias ) < Cloud >
Germany
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero, Mortal Kombat 4 and Mortal Kombat Special Forces are also games that belong in the most expensive games category.

May 11, 2017 at 10:34:45 AM
enjoi (0)
< Bandicoot >
Portugal
What is your opinion about WC98 HMV? Really that rare as collectors praise? I've seen some collectors saying that it's in the top 5 most rare games of PAL region but i already bought 3 (that i've distributed among friends) and this week i was able to get another 1.. I would stop classifying it as rare.

I would make some changes on the list based on my experience and everyday search across eBay.
I would change the place of Super Pang with Herc's since Pang is multilang you can find it everywhere while the english version of Herc's is harder to find (found more than 5 cib copies of Pang available while searching on ebay and 8 cib sold since February)
I would change Chocobo Racing from rare to expensive, again because it is a multilang game you can always find it somewhere the problem is the price (found more than 8 cib available copies while searching on ebay and 7 cib sold since April)
Raiden Project is another multilang that is not rare, there is always some copies available on ebay. Again a multilang tittle that can picked across all PAL region. (8 cib available on eBay)
Tintin, besides being expensive i would consider it a rare title..

And i would add Sonic Wings to rare list. Our PT release is uncommon but the UK release is rare. A lot rarer than super pang for example.

Cheers  

nunocaires

Edited: 05/11/2017 at 10:52 AM by enjoi

Mar 06 at 5:44:52 PM
motordead (0)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Originally posted by: enjoi

And i would add Sonic Wings to rare list. Our PT release is uncommon but the UK release is rare. A lot rarer than super pang for example.

I have the PT release of Sonic Wings Special. Why do you think it is more common than the UK version? Do you have any proof of that or is it just your experience?

PlayStation PAL Completionist - SEGA Mega Drive & Saturn Collector
Proud player of NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn, SONY PlayStation, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, SONY PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube

Always on the lookout for: Press Kits, Limited Editions, Rare CIB Hardware, Store Promo Items - Up for trades! Send PM

Mar 14 at 7:43:22 AM
DarthNES (0)

< Bandicoot >
Victoria
Buttsubushi Pal aus version?

May 13 at 8:47:01 PM
tdub21 (0)

< Bandicoot >
Victoria
I'm late to the party but I think GoalStorm, Frank Thomas Big Hurt baseball and World league Basketball (UK english) version should be added to the Rare list

May 14 at 7:47:32 AM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Updated list with a few added games and a few taken off.

May 14 at 12:02:50 PM
Jimbosamo (0)

< Bandicoot >
France
How do think about Mundiales:98 (SLES01222) ? it's the spanish version of Three lions in Uk. I only see 2 complete in few years with mine include.

May 14 at 2:10:48 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Originally posted by: Jimbosamo

How do think about Mundiales:98 (SLES01222) ? it's the spanish version of Three lions in Uk. I only see 2 complete in few years with mine include.
I only focused on english versions, since most of the time they are the most desirable/demanded versions. When im talking about english versions, are the ones with either english only in covers/manuals or english + other languages in covers/manuals.

May 14 at 2:19:00 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Originally posted by: motordead

I have the PT release of Sonic Wings Special. Why do you think it is more common than the UK version? Do you have any proof of that or is it just your experience?

I don't see why the PT version is less common than the english version, both should have the same rarity, even if the english version has much higher demand for obvious reasons.

May 14 at 2:22:48 PM
motordead (0)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Makes no sense. Actually, the PT version should be rarer, because we are a much smaller country with a much smaller population and the UK version should've had a higher number of copies made for sale.

Proud player of NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn, SONY PlayStation, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, SONY PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube

Always on the lookout for: Press Kits, Limited Editions, Rare CIB Hardware, Store Promo Items - Up for trades! Send PM

May 14 at 2:26:57 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal

What is your opinion about WC98 HMV? Really that rare as collectors praise? I've seen some collectors saying that it's in the top 5 most rare games of PAL region but i already bought 3 (that i've distributed among friends) and this week i was able to get another 1.. I would stop classifying it as rare.

I would make some changes on the list based on my experience and everyday search across eBay.
I would change the place of Super Pang with Herc's since Pang is multilang you can find it everywhere while the english version of Herc's is harder to find (found more than 5 cib copies of Pang available while searching on ebay and 8 cib sold since February)
I would change Chocobo Racing from rare to expensive, again because it is a multilang game you can always find it somewhere the problem is the price (found more than 8 cib available copies while searching on ebay and 7 cib sold since April)
Raiden Project is another multilang that is not rare, there is always some copies available on ebay. Again a multilang tittle that can picked across all PAL region. (8 cib available on eBay)
Tintin, besides being expensive i would consider it a rare title..

Cheers  

Tbh, i don't really know much about sports games, that's why i can't really say a thing about WC98 HMV edition.
I actually already removed Super Pang, since by the time i wrote the list, it was a harder to find game but since then more copies started to appear, same goes for Chaos Break and Raiden project, both which i removed aswell.
About Chocobo Racing, you are right im gonna change it now to the expensive list and Sonic Wings Special added to the rarity list.

May 14 at 2:31:50 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal

Makes no sense. Actually, the PT version should be rarer, because we are a much smaller country with a much smaller population and the UK version should've had a higher number of copies made for sale.
You are right indeed. All the pure PT versions (PT in cover/manual) are rarer than the UK versions, doesn't matter if it's a low budget company like Phoenix or Midas or a big company like Capcom.
However we can't deny the fact that PT versions are relevant to only us, unlike the UK versions which are demanded by collectors all over Europe.

May 14 at 2:36:33 PM
motordead (0)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Sure. The only people who would care for Portuguese variants would be countries like Brasil and they were PAL-M which I think were 60Hz like NTSC at the time.

May 14 at 2:44:22 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal

Sure. The only people who would care for Portuguese variants would be countries like Brasil and they were PAL-M which I think were 60Hz like NTSC at the time.

To this day i still find very curious the fact that Portugal had the most different game versions of all in Europe (3 in total).
UK had 1 single version (the usual english versions) and all the other countries had 2 different versions (Spain and Greece had 1 version same as ours, as you know).
Those black and white portuguese manuals are really intriguing, don't you think?  

May 14 at 4:24:30 PM
Jimbosamo (0)

< Bandicoot >
France
Originally posted by: PS1GamerCollector

I only focused on english versions, since most of the time they are the most desirable/demanded versions. When im talking about english versions, are the ones with either english only in covers/manuals or english + other languages in covers/manuals.

Ok i don't read enough oups. So i'll add Detective Mouse and Gekioh Shooting King?

May 14 at 5:02:13 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal

Ok i don't read enough oups. So i'll add Detective Mouse and Gekioh Shooting King?

Both added!  

May 14 at 7:34:59 PM
motordead (0)
< Kratos >
Portugal

To this day i still find very curious the fact that Portugal had the most different game versions of all in Europe (3 in total).
UK had 1 single version (the usual english versions) and all the other countries had 2 different versions (Spain and Greece had 1 version same as ours, as you know).
Those black and white portuguese manuals are really intriguing, don't you think?  

I don't think too much of those white manuals really.. I have a LOT of them, but I guess it was something done post-production (a little low budget translation done locally) by the distributor here in Portugal and the only reason probably most other countries doesn't have the same phenomenon is because of the typical DIY tradition in our country (lol) and because most countries wouldn't even bother doing that because most of the top games had their own regular nice-looking official localized version (like we had with Tombi and such)

May 15 at 5:27:59 AM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal

I don't think too much of those white manuals really.. I have a LOT of them, but I guess it was something done post-production (a little low budget translation done locally) by the distributor here in Portugal and the only reason probably most other countries doesn't have the same phenomenon is because of the typical DIY tradition in our country (lol) and because most countries wouldn't even bother doing that because most of the top games had their own regular nice-looking official localized version (like we had with Tombi and such)
Yes, you right about the typical DIY tradition... Nothing much to say about that.
However i love those manuals for two reasons: because the more collecting items i have inside the jewel case the better, same goes for any other marketing item, artbooks, etc.
The second reason is because i love reading them to see some typos or even just to check any differences between manuals and what info might be missing or even added compared to the english manual.
Tombi is definitely a good example of a perfect multi language game! Playing a game in portuguese while having both english and portuguese in covers/manual is definitely very rare in the PS1 console. Shame that lots of other games with english + portuguese in covers/manual didn't follow that.

May 15 at 5:31:05 AM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal

Btw do you know if the PT version of Nightmare Creatures 2 had a black and white portuguese manual included?

May 15 at 7:36:06 AM
Jimbosamo (0)

< Bandicoot >
France
Can't help you for PT versions, i only have Sonic Wings Special. I'll add for rare/uncommon Lion and The King 2 (even if i have 3 version : UK, SP and IT) and Soccer Kid with the plush.

May 19 at 4:08:44 PM
The Gentleman (7)
(Oliver ) < Cloud >
United Kingdom

Can't help you for PT versions, i only have Sonic Wings Special. I'll add for rare/uncommon Lion and The King 2 (even if i have 3 version : UK, SP and IT) and Soccer Kid with the plush.
Do you know how Soccer Kid with the plush was originally packaged?  I have both, but were they originally bundled together?

May 21 at 3:04:36 AM
Jimbosamo (0)

< Bandicoot >
France
Originally posted by: The Gentleman
Do you know how Soccer Kid with the plush was originally packaged?  I have both, but were they originally bundled together?

I don't know, i have never seen the game new. I have seen the plush new in a bag. I bought both separatly and the game is still the most hardest to find in a box