Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Which was your first PlayStation Game ever?

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:44:48 PM
PlayStationPromoGame (0)

< Kratos >
 My 2 first PlayStation Games were

Fifa 96:

Pandemonium:

Great memories.  

-------------------------
My PlayStation YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQ5DjIaFia14u8M75X0WIg

My PlayStation Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Playstationpromogames-1623875209937...

Same content on both sites: - PlayStation Discs for buying, selling or trading
                                          - GTA San Andreas Funny Moments Videos

Happy Gaming and Collecting! :)

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:58:19 PM
kamakaze_ekun (4)
< Kratos >
Michigan
When we got our first ps1 I recall we got Spyro the Dragon, Megaman Legends, Spice World and Tomb Raider 3. What a Christmas.

I am like a huge melting pot of friendship!!!

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:01:24 PM
PlayStationPromoGame (0)

< Kratos >
Which was your favourite game of these 4 ?

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:19:44 PM
TDIRunner (10)
< Kratos >
Illinois
The first PS1 game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot. It, along with the system itself, was a rental (my local store rented the system in addition to the games). Later that year for Christmas, we got our very own PS1 and the first two games I owned were Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider. The first PS1 game I purchased with my own money was 2Xtreme, which I bought because it was part of the demo disc that came with the PS1 and it seemed like a lot of fun.

All three of those games are still in my procession today and they all provide me with great memories. I remember being really excited about Crash since I had already played it and knew I loved it. However, Tomb Raider was a surprise for me because I had never heard of it. To this day, it's one of my favorite games of all time. When my parents bought the PS1 as a Christmas gift, the guy at the store recommended it. I wish I could buy that guy a beer now.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:31:51 PM
PlayStationPromoGame (0)

< Kratos >
Have you noticed laras lady parts in her early days?  

https://www.google.ch/search?q=la...

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:59:28 PM
TDIRunner (10)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Originally posted by: PlayStationPromoGame

Have you noticed laras lady parts in her early days?  

https://www.google.ch/search?q=lara+croft+ps1+tits&biw=1...

Back then, we didn't care.  Triangle boobs were pretty awesome.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:19:08 PM
PS1GamerCollector (1)
< Kratos >
Portugal
Crash Bandicoot (Platinum) Rayman (Black Label) Mickey Wild Adventure (Platinum) and Hercules (Platinum). This was at Christmas 97.

Crash Bandicoot came inside the Playstation box, while the other 3 were bought separately at the same store that was located in a small shopping center that became much bigger and since many years ago is called Rio Sul Shopping.
I don't quite remember what was the first game i ever played but i think it was Mickey Wild Adventure due to the fact that i used to watch cartoons all the time.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:29:25 PM
babywuchki (89)

(Chris ) < Bandicoot >
United States
I worked an entire summer mowing lawns to save for a PS1 when it came out and I was obsessed with getting Destruction Derby. The idea of seeing the car showing physical damage as they got hit in specific areas was out of this world cool to me. I finally got it as my first game the day I bought my ps1. But when I got it home, the factory sealed copy of Destruction Derby that I bought at WalMart had an America Online disc inside instead of the actual game. I immediately brought it back and of course, the people handling the returns at WalMart didn't believe the story, but I think the genuine look of despair on my face was what convinced them and they took the exchange and gave me another cop which I opened right in the store to make sure it was right. I played the crap out of that game too and I still love it even though it hasn't aged so well.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:36:49 PM
kamakaze_ekun (4)
< Kratos >
Michigan
Originally posted by: PlayStationPromoGame

Which was your favourite game of these 4 ?

Definitly Spice World. LOL j/k. I guess it'd have to be Tomb Raider 3. It was fun but man was it punishingly hard. To this day it still remains the only game in the series I never beat.

I am like a huge melting pot of friendship!!!

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:43:54 PM
supercoupe91 (3)
< Bandicoot >
North Dakota
Spyro, Rayman, Hardcore 4x4, and Destruction Derby 2. I don't need to tell you which is my favorite but all of them hold a special place in my heart.

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:06:58 PM
lupz (0)
< Bandicoot >
My very first one was V-rally. Still have it as well

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:46:08 AM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Never liked Sony and ps1 ps2 but when I started collecting ps1 my first game was castlevania symphony of the night because it was the same as some castlevania Nintendo games and the best one at that. Afterwards I saw many great games on these sony consoles

Your Stylish Sword Master!

http://vgcollect.com/sworddude...

Edited: 11/08/2016 at 02:46 AM by Sword Dude

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:38:04 AM
TheSuberMedic (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
Toy Story 2, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Hercules.

Still replay Toy Story 2 to this day.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:23:28 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
The 1st game I ever played was Zero Divide, a strange Mech fighting game, but one of the better early PS1 fighters. I remember goign around a relatives hosue and playing it a LOT!

I can't recall the 1st game I owned, as I was veyr young, but it must have been Tekken 1.

Zero Divide - http://playstationage.com/index.c...
Tekken - http://playstationage.com/index.c...

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 11/08/2016 at 03:23 PM by Vivi-gamer

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:33:12 PM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
The first ones for me would have been Resident Evil, Zoop, and Warhawk. It was a great start. Also that demo disc that came with the psx at that time holds a special place in my heart. I played so much of the demo of Die Hard even though I never got the actual game until about a year ago.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:30:23 PM
Killer64 (0)
< Klonoa >
My first playstation game is ironically considered one of the worst as I remember playing Rascal a lot when it first came out. Kind of disappointed though that there were so many games I missed out on when they came out because they didn't have mainstream success and only found out about them a few years ago.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:18:47 PM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
My first PS1 game was a Japanese copy of Ridge Racer that I played on my Japanese console that cost me 350 quid (for a store demo machine, unbelievably.) To this day it remains one of my most treasured games because of the nostalgia factor. If I had to part with all of my games bar two that game would be the one I would keep - along with my PS4 copy of Destiny.

Back in the day Ridge Racer blew me away when i saw it first running on a store machine. It still blows me away quite honestly. Cost me around £28 at the time and isn't worth any more than that now - probably less. But to me it's priceless.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:01:31 AM
Guntz (115)
< Bandicoot >
Canada
I honestly can't remember. Maybe it was Metal Gear Solid at a friend's house. That was certainly one of the first I bought for myself. I tried to complete it and couldn't stand it, MGS1 is boring and tedious. The story didn't grab me at all.

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:07:29 AM
Razorblade1812 (0)
(Tobias ) < Cloud >
Germany
My 7 first games for the PS1, that I got back in May 1998 were:

1. Disney's Hercules Action Game (It's pretty crap now, but back then, I thought this was amazing! And it was one of the games I played the demo of on the Demo One demo disc that I got with the console back then.)
2. Overboard/Shipwreckers (My first ever game I owned from Psygnosis, and also one of the games I first played the demo of it on the same disc, along with the other Psygnosis gem, Lifeforce Tenka.)
3. Pandemonium 2 (Still an awesome game, and I knew about this when my mom and I were browsing through a games catalogue to see what games we want to have for our new console before we even got it, and this came to mind. I thought the name was so cool, that it was a game I wanted so bad, and I did! I always remember the first time I turned it on, and pretty being blown away by the character Nikki, because of her hot appearance. ^^ I also remember progressing through the game at some point in my childhood, only to be stopped by ? (No Spoilers!) in the level ? (NO SPOILERS!), and then I used a cheat code to access the rest of the game, pretty much wasting my oppurtunity to beat the game for the first time without cheats.)
4. Crash Bandicoot 2 (The first ever game in the series that I played! and it was AWESOME!!!)
5. Skullmonkeys (My first EA game, and still a game that my mom and I still have very fond memories of, because of its very comedic and funny presentation. There's even the one FMV in the game that is still very memorable, in where Klaymen eats all the beans from a can and then farts to generate a stinky cloud in which a sneaky skullmonkey slowly approaches, gets exposed to that cloud and has its skull melted down! LOL!!!!!. Its still a very hard game though, as it is a game that I still haven't beaten to this day.)
6. Rascal (Shitty game, as most people would say, but I don't think that its that bad as most people say. I still say it's very mediocre, and it's far from one of the worst games ever. That reward still goes to Spawn the Eternal, Bubsy 3D, a whole bunch of Microids and Cryo games, including one game that is IMO WORSE than Rascal, and it's Pax Corpus!, and even loads of Phoenix games on the PS1. Those games were very and truly AWFUL!)
7. Lucky Luke (I was so excited to play the popular Belgian cowboy on my PlayStation, and I do remember that I had alot of fun with it, and that it also reminded me of Pandemonium in several ways. But looking at this game now, it's really not as awesome as I originally thought, as the game was pretty average in the end.)

Edited: 11/20/2016 at 04:10 AM by Razorblade1812

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:14:35 AM
kennyrh (0)
(Kenny ) < Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Guntz

I honestly can't remember. Maybe it was Metal Gear Solid at a friend's house. That was certainly one of the first I bought for myself. I tried to complete it and couldn't stand it, MGS1 is boring and tedious. The story didn't grab me at all.

At last, someone else who agrees with me. I've tried a coupla MGS games and I just find them tedious because it's all cut-scenes and minimal gameplay. I'll buy an animated movie if i want that kind of stuff thanks very much . . .

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:49:43 PM
startyde (3)
(Jon P) < Bandicoot >
United States
MK3 Longbox was my first. In fact I wanted a PS1 just because it's version of MK3 was the most arcade accurate. Was a huge MK fan back then.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:57:18 PM
KrakenSoup (40)

(Mike P) < Kratos >
New York
The first game I ever owned on PlayStation was Spyro the Dragon. I didn't get a PS1 til 2000 so I missed a lot up until then since stores pretty much stopped carrying any non-current, non-greatest hits game. The first game I ever played on a PS system was Road Rash though, some time in 1995 or 1996, at a demo unit in PC Richards.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:12:38 AM
SHLIMPOLE (2)

< Cloud >
first i played was crash bandicoot, abes oddysee and return fire.....i regard return fire as one of the greatest games ever  

Check out my PS2 and Retro Gaming channel on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNZylG5ZROX7uhBo-GjnHqg

Jump straight to the Phoenix Games Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL6TPX2q8tWS_jjFUveVL...

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:34:56 AM
Mad Martigan (17)
< Kratos >
Pennsylvania
Hmm well there's the first PS games I played when we rented the system for a week and the first games I actually owned.

First PS game I ever took out of a case, put in the system, booted up and heard the distinct sound we all know from original PS: Ridge Racer

First handful of games my older brother and I got within a year or two of getting PS: Tomb Raider 1 and 2, 2Xtreme, Top Gun, WWF In Your House, Nascar Racing, Road Rash, Loaded, CB, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, FF VII, various other games on demo discs. I remember putting tons of hours into all our games, especially the Tomb Raider games, CB games, Top Gun, Road Rash, and Twisted Metal 2.

It was an interesting time because of the change from 2D to 3D and PCs becoming more relevant with Windows '95 and eventually '98. I recall our family getting a new computer in '97 and it felt like a beast compared to game consoles of the time (PS, N64, Saturn). However, Playstation felt the closest to PC because of the full motion video and disc based media being utilized.

I have fond memories of gaming on the original PS and it's great to see that Sony kept backwards compatability for it on both PS2 and PS3 systems.

Edited: 03/23/2017 at 08:43 AM by Mad Martigan

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:39:43 AM
DreamWarrior (11)
(Dude Guy) < Bandicoot >
Missouri
Bushido Blade. I was fascinated by the game when I watched someone playing it at the video rental store. I liked how realistic it was and I also enjoyed running around hacking down bamboo trees. First game I took home.

Other games I got around that time were Twisted Metal 2, Test Drive Off-Road, Kings Field, Crash 2, and FFVII