Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Playstation Age's: Greatest Hitters Challenge 2016 How many can the community complete?

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:23:38 AM
Tim81DE (2)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
California
I would love for this to be a yearly thing, and encourage you all to give some feedback as to what you think about this. Should we limit the amount of games even more? Take out duplicates (e.g. the God of War Saga)? Leave whatever comments or suggestions you have here so I can keep a running log for our next setup.

-------------------------

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:48:59 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
It's a great concept. I like,it but I wouldn't personally limit it down. Part of the reason I haven't contributed too much is simply that the games I am playing mostly haven't corrospimding what is on the list - not that the lists are bad, they're perfect, but I've just been on other things. I'm not going out my way to play the games on the list but should I beat one I will not it here. I'm playing RE5 on the PS4 which must of got a GH/Esetmials release of some form.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:52:22 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Tomb Raider II is done. Man those last two levels suck. I actually beat the last level on my first try, but the dragon (second to last level) took a bunch of tries. The first time I actually stunned the dragon without getting killed, but after pulling out the dagger, the falling debris fell right on me and killed me. The second time, I stunned the dragon without getting killed, but the dragon fell in a way that I couldn't reach the dagger and it killed me when it stood back up. After that I got out of my rhythm and died multiple times before finally finishing it off.

Overall, my stats weren't too bad. I got most of the secrets and I didn't use any online guides.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:52:34 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Started playing through Resident Evil last night. Tonight, I was about 75% of the way through the lab and I was killed by those creatures that can crawl around on the ceiling. Then I remembered I hadn't saved since the mansion........ shit.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:15:19 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I beat Resident Evil 5 recently  

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 08/18/2016 at 04:15 AM by Vivi-gamer

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:31:07 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Well after last night's frustration, I finished up Resident Evil. It's amazing to me how much fun this game still is for me. I can't even count how many times I've played through this game.

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:30:56 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Resident Evil 2 is complete.

Aug 29, 2016 at 9:58:56 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Now that I have a working PS3 again, I wanted to finish up the Tomb Raider Trilogy.

Tomb Raider Underworld is complete. While this game wasn't a GH on it's own, this would complete the trilogy since I've now finished all three.

It's been a while since I've completed Underworld.  I had forgotten how buggy it was. 

Edited: 08/29/2016 at 09:59 PM by TDIRunner

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:34:41 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California
TDI, DANG! You are on a roll. I'll do my best to get this updated tonight!

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:08:44 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Tim81DE

TDI, DANG! You are on a roll. I'll do my best to get this updated tonight!
Ha!   

Well, I WAS on a roll.  I'm taking a break now.  I used to be a huge fan of the show 24, and, for whatever reason, I got the urge to watch that show again.  So I'm binging on those shows through Amazon Prime (2 episodes left in season 3 right now).  So that will probably keep me busy for a while.  On top of that, I FINALLY picked up a Nintendo 3DS (yes, I'm very late to the party), along with several top end games, so my attention may be there for a while.  

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:43:42 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
After a long break from gaming, I'm back at it again.

Last night I finally beat Machinarium. I really enjoyed that game, although, damn, is it hard. I'm not going to lie. I used a walkthrough. The game isn't on the GH list, but I've been wanting to finish it for a while now. Interesting tid bit: if you can finish the game, you get 100% of the trophies. There aren't any hidden trophies or anything. Sadly, this is the only game I've ever completed 100% trophies on.

Afterwards, I decided to finally start on Shadow of the Colossus (which is part of the GH list). Ico is one of my all time favorite games (if you couldn't tell), but I've never played through SOTC. With the Last Guardian set to finally be released before the end of the year, I wanted to try and beat SOTC before The Last Guardian is released.

I beat the first three colossi last night, and so far I'm hooked on this game.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:08:16 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Finished Shadow of the Colossus tonight. Truly amazing game. I know I'm in the minority when I say that I still prefer Ico, but regardless, this was still an awesome game.

I know that this thread is sort of dead, but I still enjoy trying to beat some of these games. However, most likely, this will be my last GH game completed this year. I hope to have a PS4 within the next few weeks, and I will probably be focusing on that when I get it. I'm looking forward to The Last Guardian.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:59:39 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California
Awesome job, TDI! I have been slacking on this, but only because so many new games have come out. World of FF, Tomb Raider, The Last Guardian... I could go on but I hope to finish one - two more before the year ends.

Also, I will be making some changes to next years goals. The new challenge will start in January.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:26:10 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Thanks.

I finally got The Last Guardian in the mail yesterday and started playing it last night. I don't plan to play much else until I finish it, so most likely, I won't finish any more games on the GH list this year. But it was fun to do while it lasted. I'm actually pretty happy with the quantity and quality of the games I finished this year.

I also participated in the NES 30 x 30 challenge over at Nintendo Age (I actually lead it for a day  ) So my list of overall completed games for this year is probably longer than it's been in many years.