Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Playstation Age's: Greatest Hitters Challenge 2016 How many can the community complete?

May 5, 2016 at 2:51:34 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Tron Bonne >
England
Well done Vivi and TDI

-------------------------

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

May 9, 2016 at 10:57:18 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
My latest completion:

Really had a lot of fun wit hthis, much like 2, I found it a little slwo to start but the game sure does get intense later on. Now ready for Uncharted 4

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 05/09/2016 at 10:57 AM by Vivi-gamer

May 11, 2016 at 12:37:02 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
^^^ Nice.

Still working on Crash 2. I completed up to 45% in the first night, but it's been slow going since then since the levels are a little more difficult to get every box, plus I had to travel for work so I was gone for a few days. Hopefully I can wrap it up this week. I'm at 75% right now.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

May 11, 2016 at 3:39:26 PM
Tim81DE (2)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
California
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

My latest completion:

Really had a lot of fun wit hthis, much like 2, I found it a little slwo to start but the game sure does get intense later on. Now ready for Uncharted 4
Awesome job, Vivi! Though this is where we run into a small problem, and Sony should really handle this better. Despite selling the most in the franchise, U3 was never given the "Greatest Hits" title. Same with The Last of Us. Instead these games went with "Game of the Year" versions. I can add these titles, but our PS3 list will grow. 

Edited: 05/11/2016 at 03:43 PM by Tim81DE

May 11, 2016 at 4:08:26 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Upon looking it up I see your right, from the UK anyway But there are a lot of pal releases for Uncharted 3 under the 'Essentials' branding:

Though I'd rather a GotY release, as I hate boarders on my cover art!

Edited: 05/11/2016 at 04:10 PM by Vivi-gamer

May 12, 2016 at 12:28:20 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Crash Bandicoot 2 is complete.

100%. All gems and all crystals.

Awesome game. One of my favorites for the PS1.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

May 16, 2016 at 12:40:28 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California
I don't have a photo, but Uncharted is complete! I've started Uncharted 2, and plan on working my way through the collection (and maybe the PS Vita game) to get to Uncharted 4.

May 16, 2016 at 1:01:12 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
I thought I would take a break from Crash and I started on MoH Frontline last night. Definitely my favorite WWII era FPS.

May 16, 2016 at 6:49:10 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

I thought I would take a break from Crash and I started on MoH Frontline last night. Definitely my favorite WWII era FPS.

Dang it! It was on my list, but I'm with you. The BEST WWII shooter ever!

May 16, 2016 at 11:51:35 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Tim81DE

I've been playing the PS3 HD remaster and I forgot out buggy it was.  I just had to quick because my character got stuck about 95% of the way into a level.  I hate crap like that.  I might just pop in the original PS2 version just to avoid the bugs.  

May 17, 2016 at 12:22:00 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California

I've been playing the PS3 HD remaster and I forgot out buggy it was.  I just had to quick because my character got stuck about 95% of the way into a level.  I hate crap like that.  I might just pop in the original PS2 version just to avoid the bugs.  

I never got the chance to play the HD version, but it's upsetting to here that the remaster turned out crappy. 

I think the best memory I have of MoH:Frontline, and why I bought the game, was popping in the OPM demo and replaying the level over and over... It was the greatest war game to me at the time. Though soon surpassed by the Socom franchise.

May 17, 2016 at 12:41:25 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois

I never got the chance to play the HD version, but it's upsetting to here that the remaster turned out crappy. 

I think the best memory I have of MoH:Frontline, and why I bought the game, was popping in the OPM demo and replaying the level over and over... It was the greatest war game to me at the time. Though soon surpassed by the Socom franchise.

Yeah, it's unfortunate.  Frontline is the only PS3 HD remaster that I've ever had problems with.  

May 17, 2016 at 2:19:37 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Shame, I would love to get Frontline, I rememebr buying it day one, that D-Day openning mission was immense. I also loved being undercover and entering the bar where the soliders drink and sing songs Great game.

May 17, 2016 at 2:24:45 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois

Shame, I would love to get Frontline, I rememebr buying it day one, that D-Day openning mission was immense. I also loved being undercover and entering the bar where the soliders drink and sing songs Great game.

What did you think of Rising Sun?  While Frontline is my favorite, I still have a lot of love for Rising Sun as well.  I never understood why it wasn't as popular.  Unfortunately, I could never get into any MOH games after Rising Sun.

May 17, 2016 at 2:35:52 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
i have vague memories of Rising Sun, I actually played it on Xbox as it had Co-op - Which was terrible as you could tell the game could barely manage it. I should get it on PS2 sometime

May 17, 2016 at 10:00:36 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California

What did you think of Rising Sun?  While Frontline is my favorite, I still have a lot of love for Rising Sun as well.  I never understood why it wasn't as popular.  Unfortunately, I could never get into any MOH games after Rising Sun.

Ugh, Rising Sun... The first level is fantastic. Then the game just turns into jungle mazes. Such a shame to follow Frontline with that.

May 21, 2016 at 12:22:49 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California
Uncharted 2 complete!

May 23, 2016 at 1:03:38 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Nice.

Still working on Frontline.  Man, I'm not as good at this game as I used to be.  

May 23, 2016 at 5:57:30 AM
The Gentleman (7)
(Oliver ) < Cloud >
United Kingdom
Hey folks. Final Fantasy IX done. I forgot to get a picture, but I could load my last save and get one if you need it.

May 23, 2016 at 9:37:40 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California

Nice.

Still working on Frontline.  Man, I'm not as good at this game as I used to be.  
That's how I felt playing Uncharted on Normal, and I originally beat it on hard mode...

May 23, 2016 at 9:38:14 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California
Originally posted by: The Gentleman

Hey folks. Final Fantasy IX done. I forgot to get a picture, but I could load my last save and get one if you need it.

Awesome job, Gentleman! Updating right now.

May 24, 2016 at 10:02:30 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Question about a game I may play later on down the road.

Resident Evil 2 - How many scenarios do you have to complete to consider the game beaten? I'm thinking that we should probably say that you have to complete an A and B scenario (doesn't matter which order). To me it seems unreasonable to say that you have to complete all 4, and I don't feel like you've completed enough after just an A scenario to say you've beaten it.

Thoughts?

May 24, 2016 at 5:40:49 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California
Just beating the game in general for me is fine.

May 25, 2016 at 12:44:05 AM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Medal of Honor Frontline is complete. Man this game kicked my butt. I used to be awesome at this game.

Originally I planned to go straight into Rising Sun after this, but I might need a break. Not sure what I'll do next.

Edited: 05/25/2016 at 12:44 AM by TDIRunner

May 27, 2016 at 12:22:30 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I beat Sonic All-Star Racing Stransformed:

Really hard game, much more so than the 1st, I beat the campaign mode, gold starring most missions, only for them to add another difficulty to each mission after I beat the game... I have unlocked all characters so I feel I am done with this. This game is also under the Essentials line-up on PS3  

Edited: 05/27/2016 at 12:22 PM by Vivi-gamer