Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Slim Jim -New box opened

Aug 05 at 10:13:33 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
so I have been trying to organise stuff around the house, this lead me to an area of my loft that had some of the stuff I shipped from U.K.

i have about 4 or 5 boxes I still haven't gone through, today I needed to drag a box around and saw it contains some of my ps1 & 2 games.

So, I actually never collected gaming stuff - All I have is what was given to me by contacts at SCEE.  Now that I do collect PlayStation stuff 2 things go through my mind.  Number 1: I'm glad I am a hoarder & Number 2: I wish I did collect back then, my collection would have been amazing.

anyway, instead of moving the box I pulled it downstairs and had a look.

first thing of interest is:

anyone seen this or know anything above what it says?

Thanks

Edited: 08/05/2018 at 10:14 AM by Slim Jim

Aug 05 at 10:29:13 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Non gaming stuff in the box, 10th anniversary stuff (poor quality watch) and a psp thing:

still - kinda a nice find.

Aug 05 at 10:49:05 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Ps1 games quite a few sealed, all but a couple brand new (un-played):

Won't pretend to know, I only keep up with PS4 stuff, but anything exciting there?

Aug 05 at 11:05:06 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Peripherals, 2 brand new controllers and 2 link cables.  Boxes battle worn   storing is hazardous...

Aug 05 at 11:16:36 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
I have got two of these, this one is open and the other is sealed, the sealed one must be in one of the other boxes.

If I remember correctly they were given out at a party.

gotta ta be happy with that  

Aug 05 at 12:40:59 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Also got a couple of books, vol 1 of the psp, and a 1999 booklet on the original PlayStation.

The psp book looks quite interesting.

Aug 06 at 4:24:34 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Lotsa neat stuffs! I'm still after Klonoa myself but it just seems far too expensive.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Aug 13 at 12:54:29 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Over the weekend I had to clear out the section of the loft that had the rest of the boxes.  Fuelled from the enjoyment of going through the last box, I thought I would go through it and snap all my gaming stuff.  Not all of it is PlayStation but I though it would be OK to upload them here.  Please let me know if you know of any interesting bits about anything shown.  It was a strange experience going through the stuff, some of these things haven't been out of a box for over 30 years, and some of the other stuff I sorted through have strong old relationship/friendship connotations, so many memories, good, bad, and ugly.

First up is layer 1 of my ps2 collection:

‚Äč

And layer 2:

Aug 13 at 1:01:43 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Small psp collection:

Most sealed

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 01:02 PM by Slim Jim

Aug 13 at 1:12:47 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
My very first console, Atari 2600 wood vaneer, I so much thought the box was in far better state than that, it's in good state but I remember it being so much better  .  My black Nintendo 64, Wii balance board, PlayStation 3 eye of judgement (brand new) and the PS3 move with game.  Also had eyepet with camera brand new...  Must have missed it in the photo as I re-consolidated:

Aug 13 at 1:19:47 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
A couple of other ps1 games floating around, most sealed:

Aug 13 at 1:20:44 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Here's an interesting one I forgot about, HMV were clearing out their dreamcasts for 39.99 (price still on it) and games were like 1 or 2 quid, so I bought it as I wanted to play crazy taxi 2.  Never got around to playing it so the games and console is still brand new...  Unfortunately years of storage and a lack of due diligence with packing meant a photo frame was pushed enough into the dreamcast box to noticably damage it:

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 01:30 PM by Slim Jim

Aug 13 at 1:43:53 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
PlayStation press kits and Ctr with multitap all brand new.  Press kits are: in cold blood, spyro, cool boarders, final fantasy Viii and ridge racer:

Aug 13 at 2:00:06 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
My old Amiga 1200 and games, all but one of the games are complete and in great condition - That is more like it from my decades old stuff:

Aug 13 at 2:10:57 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
My spectrum stuff, funny memories from this...  I also have a brand new spectrum 48k but it's back in the uk...  Any idea of a value on a new 48K?

more crap games:

Wrestlemania with pins... 

Aug 13 at 2:16:12 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
This interested me, getting a free spiderman umd for being one of the first to sign up to psp...  Anyone heard of this?  No idea how unique this is?

Aug 13 at 2:28:26 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
My Nintendo stuff, the watermelon n64 and cube are brand new.  This is when I realised a box went missing with my comings and goings at some point...  As my snes was no where to be seen, I know I had a bunch more SNES games, but also have lost my syphon filter press kit and hardware online special print, anyway:

Aug 13 at 2:31:10 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
And a couple of Lynx games, leaving me only with:

Aug 13 at 2:35:35 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
My game gear stuff:

Aug 13 at 2:42:00 PM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
My ps2 launch model and debug and 2 brand new controllers:

What a hoarder who loves stuff can accumulate in a lifetime...

Aug 13 at 4:12:13 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Nice Lynx! As a family we had three and my grandparents had one. My favorite memories were the mulitplayer stuff with my brother and sister and parents and grandparents even. Warbirds, Xenophobe, Guantlet, Rampage, California Games.

Aug 14 at 8:18:04 AM
Slim Jim (0)

< Klonoa >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: MeteorBear

Nice Lynx! As a family we had three and my grandparents had one. My favorite memories were the mulitplayer stuff with my brother and sister and parents and grandparents even. Warbirds, Xenophobe, Guantlet, Rampage, California Games.

Great, what a nice memory to have - you still got one, have it on a 'must get one day' list or moved on from it?

I was a big Atari fan, you wouldn't have thought so looking at what I have got.  When I was young I really wanted an Atari ST and I didn't care that it wasn't quite as powerful, but my best mate having an Amiga had to sway it.  Getting a new game was rare so having someone to share games with was important.  Also when I was a kid I wanted the Atari Lynx original handheld, and got convinced that it was a stupid idea and game gear was the way to go - I did like the game gear but always regretted the decision, so at my next opportunity went after one.  By then it was the new shape Lynx 2 that was available.  

Lastly when at university game dropped the price of the jaguar, I wanted one and by the time I convinced myself I would be an idiot not to get it, I had missed out.

Every now and then I do a look on eBay, as they are things I feel my collection should have, but PlayStation 4 is my priority and it takes all of my spare change, plus more.

Aug 18 at 7:21:22 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
No I wish I still had one of them... My grandpa just found his recently (he turned 90 last month!) and gave it to my brother. I always preferred the older version, it was heavier but felt better in the hands. I would like to get one again mostly for the Mulitplayer games. I remember playing Warbirds 2v2 on four lynx's way back and having an absolute blast. The system was way ahead of its time!
My Dad was an Atari faithful and had an ST. We loved it as kids, though on the flip side of all the Atari stuff we never got any of the early Nintendo/Sega fun that everyone always talked about.

I remember the Jaguar being really expensive when it came out but wanting the Aliens vs Predetor so bad. My brother and I would talk about how great it looked. At that point my Dad was getting into the new PC's and he was always a little disappointed the Lynx never took off more.