Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

E3 2018 Discussion Thread! It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Jun 07 at 2:32:19 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Ladies & Gents, E3 is upon us!

I've always been fond of the event as it gives us all something to look forward too and see where the industry is going, I like the buzz and spectacle of the event and always get giddy upon the days leading up to it. So I thought we should discuss and see what everyone is hoping to appear at E3!

This time Sony have announced prior to their conference that they will be highlighting 4 titles - Death Stranding, Ghost of Tushima, Spider-Man, The Last of Us Part II. These 4 titles will have extensive time and I am expecting a gameplay demonstration of each of them - yes even Death Stranding! But Sony has so much else on the ball that I'm certain there will be plenty more to see.

Remember that MediEvil announcement last year, I'm expecting a big comeback on that! With the success of Crash and Push of Spyro Remaster it is bound to make an appearance - I'm still hoping they incorporate the 2nd game into it though. Speaking of Crash I'm still very curious to see where they go with it next, will they make a Remaster of Crash Team Racing or boldly step forward with a Crash Bandicoot 4... That would certainly cause a storm,  

Another series which has has two directions it can go is Devil May Cry, the DmC reboot had a very tough reception, but beyond the initial poor marketing it turned out to be a terrific game. Could we see a continuation? We got a ReMaster of the title on PS4 which hopefully has broadened the appeal, but this year we also got a Re-release of the DMC trilogy on PS4... So is it possible we could get a DMC5? I'm still very curious to see where they go next with this.

Speaking of Capcom, they've got a fair few avenues to take too, after the success of Resident Evil 7 last year i would love to see a Resident Evil 8 teased. however they've announced a Resident Evil 2 REmake, which has had a to of buzz lately so maybe we'll get that this week.

Square-Enix have their own show this year! ... Beyond excited! The biggest expectation-demand is a presentation with Kingdom Hearts III, a compelling trailer that has that release date at the end! People have already had a taste of gameplay and S-E have stated it's set for a 2018 release so... it is time!

they also have this remake of Final Fantasy VII... I'm still half-and-half on the project overall, I'd rather have focus go to a Final Fantasy XVI (Not expecting that this year), But I think considering the mess that has arisen from development changes a trailer would be reassuring. Could we also have a continuation of NieR? I've heard the lead developer express interest and AutoMata sold rather well. Having played World of Final Fantasy recently I'd also welcome a sequel as it was a charming experience.

We had a few Rumours of a PlayStation 5... but I still feel very content with what the PS4 is offering, the quality packed into this years God of War should justify that alone, but I still feel it is too early and would expect it to be announced next year.

Do you have any bigs hopes for this E3? Tell us about what titles you want or even new IPs from a particular developer

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 06/12/2018 at 03:31 AM by Vivi-gamer

Jun 07 at 1:20:23 PM
Tim81DE (3)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
California
A few years ago Square had their own showing and I wasn't all that impressed. I prefer the bigger companies holding their own but have never been a fan of the developers like Ubisoft or EA.

My biggest hope is for a new Socom announcement.

Jun 07 at 3:52:28 PM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
I would certainly be pretty excited for a Resident Evil 2 remake.

I'm also interested in learning more about Death Stranding.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jun 08 at 1:25:51 AM
Soera (164)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Dragon quest XI and Darksiders III. That's it.

Jun 08 at 3:00:49 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I heard that Sony was meant to be announcing games daily up till the E3 event, I've seen announcements but not PS4 exclsuives, anyone know of this?

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Jun 08 at 10:01:18 AM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < Team Buddy >
Nebraska
I want to see something to do with college sports just because of all the hoops they would have to jump thru to make something like that happen again. As far as PS5, I think we are still a few years off from that announcement. Each generation seems to last longer than the previous. My estimate would be 2020 they would announce the PS5.

Jun 08 at 12:35:04 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
From Software has some announcements Im looking forward to, dunno if its going to be at E3 though. Hoping for a new Tenchu and Shadow Tower game, and more news on the next Armored Core.
The Last of Us II I am cautiously optimistic, part of me thinks they will just screw it up, but curious to see how its coming along.
SMT V, though its only on the Switch, I would like to see more on it.

Jun 10 at 5:03:49 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Some good stuffs already, thrilled about Unravel Two - It's turned into a Co-op game! I have been waiting for the first one to be with PS+ but I'll buy them both when they're on sale.

Jun 12 at 3:43:28 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Sony's Conference

All I will say is thank god Sony saved E3! Microsoft had some good titles, but Devil May Cry 5 was the only thing which actually got me rather excited! I felt they're a bit harsh in overthrowing DmC but I do like the approach they're taking with this.

But what a Show, The Last of Us Part II's combat looks sorich in detail - The animation so fluid and full of intricate movement, I was really impressed. I also enjoyed what I saw of Death Stranding, I'm going to guess there is more to it than just navigating landscapes with the odd stealth element thrown in but I feel we finally got a good sense of what it is about this time. Ghost of Tushima was breath taking, I adored how the combat wasn't just hack n Slash but requries you to react more after being struck at. Spider-Man looks great too.

What really made the show for me was Resident Evil 2, it had a great introduction and looks like it will really eliver in making the game atompsheric can scary - I'm glad it's going for the RE4 over the shoulder perspective and not RE7's first person view. After S-E's abysmal show it was a relief to see something else from Kingdom Hearts III, the pirate battles just how this gaem is offerign spectacle beyond the intitial boundries of the traditional combat, it looks so fun and diverse and I am jsut ready for it now!

UbiSofts show did nothing for me personally and Bethesda had a few treats - Thrilled to see Wolfenstein is getting a Co-op focused spin off!

But had Sony not knocked it out the park, I reckon I would have been very dissapointed with E3 - This is due to S-E's underwhelming presentation with nothing to show for it when I had big expectations. But I feel much more content with the overall presentation thanks to Sony last night.