Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What's Your Gaming Schedule? How do you keep up with the upcoming releases?

Jun 26 at 2:30:32 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Noticed something this week which is a rather oddity, I have a free schedule time from modern gaming! For the past 2 years now I've mostly been kept busy with constant new releases, but it seems I finally have a breather to catch up with older titles – Most recently I played through the original Resident Evil 2, I never played through both characters campaigns and had a blast, I'm now onto Code Veronica which I have never played at all!

But I find myself often looking ahead to what is coming out, especially after the recent E3 event to where we get a bundle of announcements and release dates. I often look up the dates and plan around that - For instance, the next game I am buying new is Sonic Mania+ in July.

But what brings need for scheduling is the build up, I've got a few upcoming games to where I want to Re-Cap the series for – No I won't resort to YouTube catch-ups I want to get the full experience and gear y head ready for the up coming big sequels. The biggest in my mind is Kingdom Hearts, a series which story is beyond convoluted – I like the series but when you have multiple alternative variants of characters spirits it gets a bit much! I've already played Birth By Sleep earlier this year which I had a blast with and had more content to plow through with the Final Mix Edition, I intend to play through 1, Chain of Memories, 2 & Dream Drop Distance – The one which I have never played but thanks to the wonderful accessibility of the PS4 HD Collections I am all set! But that is not all, with the Yakuza also getting the HD/Remake treatment I intend to experience Kiwami 2 upon arrival – I was intending to then play 3-5 on PS3 & finally 6 on PS4, but with the news of Japan getting PS4 remasters of 3-5 I am lingering in hope that they sail over seas (Translated!) to me   I have them to but then there is the September explosion! I know out of all them I will have the Shenmue HD Collection & Spyro Trilogy to contend with – It;s going to be a very busy time for gamers!

That is just a slight in put to my thinking a head for a Gaming Schedule, I'm wondering if anyone else here is the same, maybe we can all write out our gaming schedules  

Mine:
July
Sonic Mania

August
We Happy Wfew (Maybe...)
Yakuza Kiwami 2

September
Shenmue 1 & 2 HD
Spyro Trilogy
Dragon Quest XI (Maybe...)

Resident Evil 2
Kingdom Hearts III
Team Sonic Racing
Devil May Cry 5
Last of Us Part II

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Jun 26 at 1:20:36 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < Team Buddy >
Nebraska
You misspelled Yakuza on the image up front.

Jun 26 at 6:53:20 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Great topic, I unfortunately do not have any current gen systems. I have also had a huge hankering for the old style resident evil games. Every now and then I think about getting the remake of the first game, but looking at it just makes me want to play the original  

Jun 27 at 9:15:03 AM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < Team Buddy >
Nebraska
Ill have Madden and Spyro in the early fall.

Jun 27 at 10:00:18 AM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Originally posted by: MeteorBear

Great topic, I unfortunately do not have any current gen systems. I have also had a huge hankering for the old style resident evil games. Every now and then I think about getting the remake of the first game, but looking at it just makes me want to play the original  

Ha.  Same.  

I really need a schedule.  My backlog has gotten out of control.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jun 27 at 6:08:56 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
I stopped buying games on release day to save money so I just go through my backlog. I get games around a year after release or if I can find a nice deal ill snag them.

Also that would be sweet if those yakuza remasters can get a release here too. Then I could get themajority of them on ps4

At least I'm safe inside my mind

Edited: 06/27/2018 at 06:11 PM by waflznsyrup

Jun 28 at 10:36:00 AM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
Yeah I don't reliably have that kind of time. With new games I generslly don't even consider getting them until I can find it for like $20 or less. Although there are exceptions. When Dragon Quest XI comes out all bets are off  

Jun 28 at 1:13:51 PM
Soera (164)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: hammerfestus

When Dragon Quest XI comes out all bets are off  

Yes!

Jun 29 at 2:22:21 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: waflznsyrup

I stopped buying games on release day to save money so I just go through my backlog. I get games around a year after release or if I can find a nice deal ill snag them. Also that would be sweet if those yakuza remasters can get a release here too. Then I could get themajority of them on ps4

I wish I had that control, I can with some titles, so fore me Dragon Quest XI, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Red Dead Redemption 2 I can hold out on as they're not games I am avid for but there is no chance I can wait of Yakzua 2 Kiwami, Kingdom Hearts III & REisdent Evil 2 - I even bought Yakuza 6 ahead of time in prep for when I get around to it on my series play through, I was worried that would become expensive like 2, 3 & 4 but the PS4 releases have kept a level price.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Jun 29 at 2:59:03 AM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

Originally posted by: waflznsyrup

I stopped buying games on release day to save money so I just go through my backlog. I get games around a year after release or if I can find a nice deal ill snag them. Also that would be sweet if those yakuza remasters can get a release here too. Then I could get themajority of them on ps4

I wish I had that control, I can with some titles, so fore me Dragon Quest XI, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Red Dead Redemption 2 I can hold out on as they're not games I am avid for but there is no chance I can wait of Yakzua 2 Kiwami, Kingdom Hearts III & REisdent Evil 2 - I even bought Yakuza 6 ahead of time in prep for when I get around to it on my series play through, I was worried that would become expensive like 2, 3 & 4 but the PS4 releases have kept a level price.

It wasn't easy to get to this point lol. I used to by games on release but a lot of games drop in price quickly or get a complete edition a year down the line so I started holding off. There are some games I used to make an exception for but lately id rather just get a deal. I didnt even get god of war yet and it was one of my most anticipated games. I have been clearing a good amount of my backlog though and I have to admit it feels great lol.

At least I'm safe inside my mind

Jul 01 at 9:08:20 PM
Dangerboy (0)
(Jason Dvorak) < Cloud >
Illinois
As far as next gen goes, Fallout 76 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are all I need for the next year. I've been celebrating 2018 as "The year of games I already own" and have plowed though a ton of games these last six months. Recently just finished DarkSiders PS4 version.

The rest is all older stuff that I need to actually play to help plump up game-rave.com - currently playing Knockout Kings and am pretty sure my in-game character bribed the judges.

Aug 03 at 8:08:28 PM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Bandicoot >
New Zealand
Regarding modern releases, I tend to typically buy one game at a time and beat it before buying a new game.
Since new games are ridiculously priced in New Zealand, I don't tend to bother until they're at least a year old when the price drops, since I don't really have $110 to justify on a game at release (unless it's something like Mario Kart.)
Given that, I have a lot of time for modern games, since I don't get that many!  
I do like arcade-like games since they don't take much time to play. Less guilt than if it were a 70 hour RPG.  

PS2 Game Count- 145.