Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Where Did That Game Come From?!

Jan 22 at 7:30:30 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Have you ever had a game suddenly sneak up on you? (Look behind you!) I had a very strange event to where one did recently.

Square-Enix surprised us last year with a trailer revealing a Remake of 'Secret of Mana', this was particually interesting for me as it is a game i've never played so a Remake for the PlayStation 4 is perfect for me. It even looks in style of the DS/3DS Dragon Quest Remakes which I love. So I pre-ordered it and was awaiting. On the PlayStation Store a few weeks back, I had a quick browse as i often do and I saw somethign which I'd never even heard of!

Adventure of Mana

I saw this pop up, now I heard that Secret of Mana was part of a series but I had no idea that this little Remake snuck up on the PS Vita! Interestingly enough it is a game that works on the PSTV Which is a huge bonus, so I dug out my PSTV from storage and popped it on there. Been having a lot of fun with it too and hope to beat it before Secret of Mana next month!

Another title which took me by surprise was something I found in my local GAME Store one day:

A PlayStation 3 release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas!

What a weird release, it's actually a Re-release of a Mobile/App version. But it comes with the detailed manual of the PS2 version and a map! The differences between this version and the PS4 digital release is very interesting - The PS3 version is crisper but lacks the strong weather effects and can look a bit bare at times. I actually prefer the PS3 version and have played it a lot with the last year or so.

They're two which stand out in my mind, but I am curious to hear about any releases which poofed out of thin air and suddenly caught your interest.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 01/22/2018 at 07:36 AM by Vivi-gamer

Jan 22 at 1:31:48 PM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
It was that way for me with Little Nightmares. I saw an add for the complete edition before I had even heard of it. Once I watched a trailer, I knew it was right up my alley. I loved the game and completed the original part. Now I just need to go through the expansion levels.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 22 at 2:08:31 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
I am experiencing right this now with the fact that PS TV is a thing. I hate portable systems, they have such great games but you need children eyes and hands to appreciate them. This is awesome.

Jan 22 at 3:29:16 PM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Originally posted by: MeteorBear

I am experiencing right this now with the fact that PS TV is a thing. I hate portable systems, they have such great games but you need children eyes and hands to appreciate them. This is awesome.

It COULD have been awesome.  It's probably the greatest idea that Sony has flushed down the toilet.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 22 at 5:06:06 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
What I will say about the PS TV is that not all games are compatible! So it will be worth looking up if the titles you want can actually work on the PSTV. Also PS1 games cannot be played in widescreen like on PS3.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Jan 22 at 5:49:42 PM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

What I will say about the PS TV is that not all games are compatible! So it will be worth looking up if the titles you want can actually work on the PSTV. Also PS1 games cannot be played in widescreen like on PS3.
As much of a failure as I feel it was, it's still worth the $40 I paid for it (especially considering it came with a Dual Shock 3 controller).  

Jan 22 at 7:06:18 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
I see, I just read a little more about it, I thought it played PS1 games and all PSP and Vita physical games.

Jan 23 at 5:28:46 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I does play PS1 games - Even when it says it isn't compatible I have had a few that work. But the lack of an option to put the games in widescreen liek the PS3 just puts me off entirely.

Here is a comprehensive list in which titles are Compatible:
EUR - http://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/list-...
USA - http://www.reviews2go.com/playsta...

Jan 23 at 9:58:07 AM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Originally posted by: MeteorBear

I see, I just read a little more about it, I thought it played PS1 games and all PSP and Vita physical games.

Unless you soft mod it, it won't play all Vita games.  This is the primary reason why it was a failure in my opinion.  There are way too many Vita games that are not compatible with the PS TV due to the touch features.  It's unfortunate because you would think they could have patched most games to work with the PS4 controller's touch pad.  It's possible to soft mod it to make all Vita games play on it, but if you run into a situation where the touch screen is required, you will probably be stuck.  

Another thing to add to the list of Sony's failutres with teh PS TV is that PlayStation Vue is not compatile with it.  I mean, what were they thinking?  This little micro console would have been the perfect solution for someone wanting to watch PlayStation Vue but didn't want to buy a big console because they weren't a gamer.  You also can't help but think that they would have called PlayStation Vue PlayStation TV if they hadn't already wasted the name on this failed little console.   

I've been a Sony guy since the 80's, so I love Sony, but damn was that situation handled poorly.  

Jan 29 at 4:08:16 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I found of anotherone last night! - http://playstationage.com/index.c...

In my defense we never got the 1st game in here in the UK, but I'm always interested in S-E titiles... well not Unlimited Saga I guess  

Jan 29 at 1:18:14 PM
KaiserFoxHD (0)
< Bandicoot >
Florida
I honestly didn't even know this was a thing... whoa, first the secret remake and now this?
Anyway yea, I've had a game sneak up on me recently and I think it was the Sega Saturn classic Battle Garegga Port to
the PS4 physically at the end of last year. That completely took me by surprise