Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Looking forward to 2018! What titles are you looking forward to and what aims do you have for your collection?

Jan 10 at 3:16:31 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

2017 was a BIG year for gaming, the PS4 lined up show stoppers practically every month! So 2018 may be quite a struggle step into shoes of that stature but I wanted talk about upcoming games of 2018. Also, if you have any goals for your collection this year here's a little place to talk about that too  

It seems we're finally getting SuperMassive games 'The Inpatient', a lose prequel to Until Dawn! This will also be a big boost to push AAA experiences on the VR Line up. I'm genuinely interested to see how it is received, yet I have no VR so I will have to miss out sadly.

I'm very intersted in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life... the problem is I really want to [play the rest of the series beforehand and in doing that I need a Remaster of Yakuza 3 in Kiwami 2! It's out in Japan but we don't even have a hint of a release date yet - I am hoping mid this year though! 2017 was a big year for the Yakuza series, starting of with Yakuza 0 and then a Remaster of the original game, I'm thrilled to see the series is getting more accessible over the years! I have 3-5 on PS3 - Even if 5 was released digital after a long LONG time! but I need Kiwami 2 to continue. So I might pre-order Yakuza 6 still, but I can't see myself playing it anytime soon.

Ni No Kuni 2, I struggled with the pacing of the first game a lot. It seemed like there were isolated stories within each location but after 15 hours of the game there was minimal progression on the main story - Also some seriously pointless backtracking put me off. But of course, the sequel looks just as captivating as the first and I would love to play it. the downside, The game has a Season Pass. I know it's common of games these days but I just can't accept it, so i will be waiting for a DLC Edition next year of a price drop in the season pass.

I have the same issue with Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, it comes with a season pass which is priced aat the same rpice of the main game. I loved playing the game on the PSP but I will be waiting on this one too.

The creators of Remember Me and Life is Strange have a new ambitious game releasing thsi year in Vampyr - which looks pretty compelling. I need to look into more about it as of now though but it is definetly on my radar. I feel the same for Dargon Quest XI, genuinely interested (Even if it does suffer from silent protagonist syndrome) but I am keeping an eye out.

Kingdom Hearts III. The trailer has started a 2018 release... heck even if it is December 31st i can't wait, the Toy Story trailer sold me on this, if they're now making unique scenarios within the Disney world rather than adapting t he movie plots it makes for a much more compelling experience. S-E have finally fixed the series making every previous title accessible in the ReMix Remasters on PlayStation 4. I am just waiting for a solid release date then I'm going to pounce right back into the series!

Shenmue III. I still even have my doubts on this year, while we haven't seen much through out 2017 the development team has grown and grown, so I am hoping this will be achievable for this year - of course if it comes down to a rushed 2018 experience or a completely realised vision release of 2019 I'll take the 2019 version every time! I also think it's time for that Shenmue HD remaster. As I mentioned earlier SEGA has been supporting Yakuza so much in recent years and with all the backers in the Kickstarter involved of course it will make a profit!

Then there are some games I doubt will make 2018, Death Stranding,Beyond Good & Evil 2, Detroit: Become Human (Well maybe...), The Last of Us Part II, they all seem like 2019 releases to me.
But that is what I am looking forward to, how about you?

Also, do you have any aims for your collection this year, maybe picking up on that one title you've been holding out for (Wild Arms 5 for me...), let us know what is on your thoughts.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Jan 10 at 9:14:20 AM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
Waiting on the NA release of Dragon Quest XI. Seems that I haven't heard anything more concrete than some time in 2018.

Jan 10 at 9:51:01 AM
TDIRunner (12)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
My only goals this year are to buy less and play more. I especially want to try to knock out some of my backlog. My PS4 backlog is embarrassing. I'm looking forward to Death Stranding, but with my goals this year, I'm more than happy to wait until 2019 for that.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 10 at 9:56:26 AM
TDIRunner (12)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Oh, I almost forgot about the Shadow of the Colossus remake. I have high hopes. I just hope it doesn't turn into a Crash Bandicoot remake.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 10 at 2:52:49 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Ok still not sure how I feel about a remake of SotC, the main reason being I am still content with the PS3 remaster! But I sure around the time of release I'll get it  

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Jan 10 at 3:24:47 PM
MeteorBear (0)
< Klonoa >
For my collection aims I mostly want to get a few of the big ticket items on my list this year, namely the first Persona and Shadow Tower.... and Brigadine.
My other aim is to start finishing my games more, I play through a good portion of a game, usually near the end then drop it saying I will come back to it and never do, and if I do I have to remember where Im at and how everything works and its a bit annoying.
I wont be getting a PS4 or Switch anytime soon but I am looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei V and the Strange Journey remake.

Jan 10 at 3:44:12 PM
Soera (163)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Ni no Kuni II. During the PS3 era, NNK was my absolute favorite game. Such a well developed story and the game was so large, I put 120 hours into it and honestly could have kept going. Hoping the sequel keeps that whole experience alive.

Dragon Quest XI and Builders 2. Its no secret that my favorite series is DQ. XI looks to be the game that will not only bring all the DQ fans back to the table but put new mouths at the table also. Builders is also such a great game. It really doesnt feel like the description of "DQ meets Minecraft" but more of an actual story.

Darksiders III. The first 2 held my attention so well that I actually played them back to back all the way through and now Im rabid for the 3rd one!

Biomutant. This looks like the kind of Skyrim open world game that would be right up my level.

Jan 15 at 9:30:55 PM
KrakenSoup (43)

(Mike ) < Kratos >
New York
Shadow of the Colossus, day one. Dissidia has me interested but like you said the season pass put me off. I still need to play Kingdom Hearts 2 but KH3 looks fantastic, definitely getting that.