Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PlayStation Age Forums - GAME OF THE YEAR 2017 Poll Here it is Active ALL December!

Dec 01 at 2:58:03 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Here we are the PlayStation Age Forums GAME OF THE YEAR Award - Version 2017!

It's been a relentless year for gaming, I knwo I have sturggled to keep up and this December there are some strong DLC editions of titles which I have yet to play, so I am not going to vote jsut yet, but I will be sure to make my vote count before December 31st! Upon the New year (2018 this time) We shal congratulate the Winner with the Platinhum Trophy!

Here are the Contestants!:

Gran Tursimo Sport

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

NieR: Automata

Persona 5

Resident Evil 7: biohazard

Sonic Mania

What Remains of Edith Finch

Yakuza 0

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

So there they are! if there is a title there you haven't yet experienced but have been meaning to, you have till December 31st to give it a go before casting your final decision. Remember this is a bit of fun and a time to highlight the great new gaming experiences the year has brought us  

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 12/01/2017 at 03:01 AM by Vivi-gamer

Dec 01 at 3:13:07 AM
Soera (163)
< Cloud >
Oklahoma
Ive played almost every game on this list ... but Ys VIII is by far and away the greatest experience Ive ever had in a game.

Dec 02 at 5:11:40 AM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
Really intrigued to see how this turns out

Dec 02 at 7:04:55 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Me too actually, it's a good line up, I have Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edtition serving next week, so that is the last game I really want to experience before making my decisions.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Dec 03 at 6:49:47 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Lots of interesting games on the list. Too bad I haven't played any of them.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Dec 04 at 8:06:34 AM
Gandlin (17)
< Kratos >
Pennsylvania
I voted the same as I did in the other thread. Resident Evil 7. I went in expecting another typical game with zombies but ended up being sucked into a twisted horror story. Very few games have ever felt truly "scary" but RE7 nailed it for me. I've never been a huge fan of survival horror but RE 7 shows how it can be done right. The upcoming PS4 game called AGONY looks like another promising survival horror game too.

I think HZD is over rated. Far Cry Primal meets Mass Effect and Destiny anyone?

Sonic Mania was great! It felt like a true successor to the original games on Genesis and Sega CD.

What Remains of Edith Finch is a pretty deep game that's story driven. You slowly learn about individual family members and have flashbacks, some of which are quite unique and creative. This one will hit you where it counts by the time you're done. If you enjoyed games like Life is Strange or Firewatch, you should enjoy this.

I haven't played Gran Turismo Sport or Shadow of War yet.

I'm not a fan of anime so I probably won't like the other games listed but once again I haven't played them. If there's a really good story, graphic style doesn't matter too much to me.

Edited: 12/04/2017 at 09:39 AM by Gandlin

Dec 05 at 4:50:29 AM
Leocolt (0)
< Bandicoot >
Spain
This was a very tough choice for me between Nier Automata and Persona 5 but I finally went with the former. As much as I like Falcom and as much as I've enjoyed Ys8 (on the vita, mind you), I don't think it's on the same level.

Dec 05 at 1:52:47 PM
TDIRunner (12)
< Kratos >
Illinois
Of all the games on the list, Horizon Zero Dawn is the one I'm most interested in playing, with RE7 and GT Sport as close second. But I don't feel right voting for games I haven't played yet.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."