Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Final Fantasy collection and other figures collection :)

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:54:02 PM
xstoneknightx (11)
< Gran Tourist >
Puerto Rico
This my actual final fantasy collection (games and figures). I usually buy final fantasy stuff so this collection will be changing over time (hope getting bigger). I also have the guides of each final fantasy game you see in my collection (i dont have the nintendo ds, wii, gamecube guides) and tomorrow will arrive 3 new games for this collection Final fantasy crystal chronicles for the gamecube and the 2 final fantasy release for the wii. If any of you have final fantasy collection, let me know to see that collection

-------------------------
My games sales thread: http://playstationcollecting.com/...

If you want do trades, buy or sales games from 90's era (ps1, sega saturn, gamecube, etc) send me pm. 

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:52:23 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Oh now you've done it...

A very good collection I have to admit I don't collect figures, but I know some of the ones you have there are some of the most valued and best ones. If there were any I 'd like to pinch it would be that little Vivi one at the top I think If I were to ever buy a figure it would be of the FFVIII Summon collection, I've seen they made an Odin figure with the horse. I love the design of Odin in FFVIII so I think I would give in if I saw if for a decent price.

So after seeing that, I had to give in an snap my collection I tried to photograph it in one photo but it was too much so sorry for the flood

Final Fantasy I-VI + Extras:

I'm pretty content with this lot, I would like to get a DS version of Final Fantasy IV down the line though. Oh looking back at your collection I realised I missed out on my version of Ehrgiez... it's an odd game Also, I don't know if Crystal Bearers is one of the games you got, but I played a little bit of it recently and it actually quite decent, different, but decent.

Final Fantasy VII Collection:

Probably the most I have for a single Final Fantasy. However with the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus the series is not concluded yet. I imported the Crisis Core & Dirge of Cerberus guide. Also I have yet to watch the Complete version of Advent Children, Intend to next time I do a series playthrough as a reward

Final Fantasy VIII & IX:

The main thing to mention here is the Art book, which is just superb. It doesn't just have the usual Amano art, it's like a big vacuum that has gone around the Squaresoft office and sucked up every production sketch possible, it gives a great insight to how the game was designed. Possibly my favourite FF item. (Other than the games of course )

Final Fantasy X & X-2:

Once again, I picked up this nice little artbook. It has a good mixture of CGI, computer and drawn art. My only complaint is it wastes a whole back next to each illustration with a title. Soon to be adding the HD collection.

Final Fantasy XII:

My least favourite in the series. I have yet to play the DS game, I'm not sure if I ever will to be honest

Final Fantasy XIII:

Intend to replay these soon in lead up to Lightning Returns. I should also add that I got the pre-order steelbook with XIII-2, I keep it in the Special Edition box.

Extras:

I do have one other bundle worth mentioning. Here are collection of Official Playstation Magazines with FF content. The Platinum Edition as a review of VII, the other two have a preview and review of VIII and then there is IX's review.

Also there is one important item I have left out. However I have already posted it recently, so you'll have to go here to find it out:
http://www.playstationcollecting....

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 10/18/2013 at 04:58 AM by Vivi-gamer

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:07:34 PM
GameTrigger (5)
< Chrono Crosser >
Estonia
Nice collection

I need new photos, but here is one old:

FS/FT: Final Fantasy VIII promo (PS1; PAL)
WTB: Final Fantasy items

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:11:26 PM
xstoneknightx (11)
< Gran Tourist >
Puerto Rico
Nice collections mates

@Vivi-Gamer: there a lot of cool final fantasy stuff that you can buy and cheap. I bought all my collection from ebay and example my final fantasy figure set (cloud, barret, etc) I bought only for $10 dollars plus free shipping, so a deal there. ALso, i see you like Vivi from ffIX, there is a playarts Vivi figure that looks really amazing and detailed. Here is:

http://www.estarland.com/images//...

You mentioned about if I played the wii final fantasy games and that is a no. I bought the 2 that came out and also the gamecube one but I will receive it tomorrow because I bought all of them on ebay. About the artsbooks well I'm not into collect art books and that stuff but if see one for ff7 I would glad to buy it xD, but at least I have every single guide of each final fantasy that i have incluiding the collector edition guides for Final fantasy X-2, XII, XIII and XIII-2. And yes, the ffXI is my least favorite one, I never liked it, is a mmo that for me is not a final fantasy game. For me (of course you see my avatar) the best one is ff7, I dont know maybe because was the first one that I played or maybe because was the best gameplay/video graphics that I saw at that time. But I love it, reason why you can see most of my collection is of final fantasy stuff

@GameTrigger I need to buy those ff for gba

Thanks for you guys I noticed that I dont have Final Fantasy 3 and this morning I bought one copy new(sealed) for around $15.

Also, I really want to buy the pal versions of final fantasy 7,8 and 9. Are the only ones that I dont have in my collection. So if one of you come a cross with one of this, please let me know that I can buy it or trade it. I have some doubles like final fantasy 8 greatest hits new sealed (squaresoft copy), final fantasy IX and 7, and also final fantasy X-2 new. So let me know

If you want do trades, buy or sales games from 90's era (ps1, sega saturn, gamecube, etc) send me pm. 

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:53:00 AM
Tim81DE (2)
(Tim ) < Chrono Crosser >
California
HOLY SHIVA! You people make my love for Final Fantasy come out even more! Though I am VERY surprised that I'm not seeing any Final Fantasy 14 or FF14 A Realm Reborn Collector Editions here. Also Vivi-Game, that Final Fantasy IX art book makes me jealous every time.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:39:51 AM
Guyra (3)
< Chrono Crosser >
Norway
Awesome collection!

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:41:55 AM
GameTrigger (5)
< Chrono Crosser >
Estonia
Originally posted by: xstoneknightx

Thanks for you guys I noticed that I dont have Final Fantasy 3 and this morning I bought one copy new(sealed) for around $15.

I have now full set GBA versions - it's not hard; but it takes about 3 years, to find FF VI with decent price - CIB, VGC, 45 dollars with shipping.
P.S there is also PSP version of FF III (relased only in Asia, but in English)

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:16:51 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: GameTrigger

Originally posted by: xstoneknightx

I have now full set GBA versions - it's not hard; but it takes about 3 years, to find FF VI with decent price - CIB, VGC, 45 dollars with shipping.
P.S there is also PSP version of FF III (relased only in Asia, but in English)

Really the PSP version in Asia that you can get boxed is in English... I never knew that! I thought you could only get it on the PSN! Wow I'm going to have to hunt that down

I don't like the GBA versions. The new translation pretty much changes the dialogu to the point where you have a different perspective on the characters... Sadly I have no better version of Final Fantasy V than the PS1 Anthology version. Which looks awful...

Regarding XI & XIV, I dont count them because they're online. I refuse to pay for a subscription fee for any game, even Final Fantasy. But as an MMO it doesnt even feel like a Final Fantasy game, I played the Beta for XIV and like most MMO's it suffered from poor characterisation (not just your blank avatar even the in game characters.)  and I just found it to be a bunch of quests rather than a big story, that doesnt interest me.

@ xstoneknightx Thanks for showing me that Vivi figure up close... is that teh Play Arts one you get in a pack with Zidane, like you Stiener and Garnet pack?

Also you say you have the X-2 special edition guide. Is that the one with the artbook seperate. If you have that can I ask that you take some photos, I've never seen inside it and always have wanted to,

Gosh, I do get giddy over Final Fantasy It's essentialy why I am into gaming.

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:04:35 AM
xstoneknightx (11)
< Gran Tourist >
Puerto Rico
@Tim81DE: I have ff14 for the pc but I forgot add it there too :/ but isnt the collector edition anyway. I'm waiting until I see one collector edition on ebay, specially the ps3 copy.

@GameTrigger: I usually buy on ebay so to buy those gba complete in box is kinda hard, for a cheap price of course. I usually wait until I see a good auction or buy it now price and then I buy it. Yes, there are a ff3 version for the psp but I bought the nds version. I never played the psp version but someone told me that looks a little better than the nds version. For me, I played the IOs version (iphone) and looks exactly the same like nds version. And if you ask me if I liked, the true reason no, I get bored like after 5 hours of gameplay. I dont know, the story is kinda boring for me.

Also I need to buy ff type-0 that I lost an auction yesterday and the guy wons only paid $25 for a CIB copy :'(

@ Vivi-gamer: Yes about the asia version copy, some psp game release only on asia have the english translation on it. Sadly ff type-0 doesnt have it, so for me I need to wait until sony or square enix decide to make the game on full english and release to the psp (via psn I think) or do a remake for the psvita (I heard this is the way that the game will come out). For me, I want the gba versions because it was my first experience with old ff games. I remember played (i think ff2) and I get stuck on the first boos, hard as hell xD (i think his name was droga or something like that).

For the vivi figure not, that isnt the one that I have. The copy that I have is the Bandai edition that was release at the same time that the game was release (the package with zidane). Same thing with ff8 figures you see and the ff7 that you see with the ff7 games (the third pic). The playarts is the figures that are like the second pic that I upload, Is more scaled and more detailed for the actual character. This is the difference:

Bandai

Play Arts

And this is my Guides collection:

Im gaming thanks to final fantasy 7. When I first played that game (when the gratest hits copy came out) I started to love even more videogames. There I truly convince I was a gamer :')

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:20:12 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Nice, just had a look at the Vivi figure... costs at least £100.... No chance

As for Type-0 S-E are making it into an iOS game which is free to play, but with that there are many compromises. Its resorted to the Visual Novel style to tell a lot of the story, which I cannot stand in JRPG's and I have heard that if you want to continue you have to pay up... Not impressed. I would have settled for a PSP anyday.

Is it possible for you to take some photos of that Final Fantasy X/X-2 Art Collection if you get the time? I've always wanted to see inside it and there has been no sources online at all. Also, is that Chunky FFVII guide for the PC version... why is it so big Is That XII Arts Collection like the X/X-2 one a seperate little book?

Even so, I just dont see anything appealing about the GBA versions. The PSP versions of FF1,2 & 4 are so much better! The translation completely ruins FF6 and as for FF5... well that might actually be the one game that benefits from it. The Anthology version is so dated, at least the GBA version updates the font.

Also with the PS1 versions of 7,8 & 9 I bought them of the US PS Store on sale, they're much better than the PAL releases as they're in full screen. The aspect ration for the PAL releases look awful, even worse on a HDTV.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:22:27 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California
@ xstoneknightx Where are the PS1 guides for anthology, chronicles, and origins?!

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:24:40 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California
Just going to throw some things up that I don't think have been posted in this thread yet.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:43:39 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
That stand for Final Fantasy XIV is rather nice. I have to admit I caved in and bout the special edition of XIV for the PS3. A chap on eBay was selling it with everything but the codes and that weird account stick. It was going for £20 and with an artbook like that seemed worth while. Should S-E ever decide to drop the subscription charges on the PS3 game in the future I'm ready

I also have another Final Fantasy item in the post, which if authentic will be real special But I'll show you that when it arrives

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:01:05 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California
@Vivi-gamer - I missed out on FFXI and really regret it. I got into the beta for 14ARR and found it everything I love about the series, but I finally get to enjoy it with others. The music, bosses, items... it's all Final Fantasy fans could ask for. I plan on purchasing the PS4 specifically for this game. I hope they bring another CE and a guide.

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:46:46 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I played the Beta and I have to say I couldn't stand it. Nobody was communicating to one another as everyone was just running around focusing on their own quests. I just simply put don't like MMO's. They lack the interesting character development because your character has to be user generated. But even so, as MMO's structure involve quests which are essentially rarely grounded more than fetch-quests.

I play Final Fantasy to be immersed in a world with an engaging story line. Memorable characters who I care for, who have their own individual plot and motives to be part of the bigger picture. If I don't like the lead character within a game I find it very hard to connect with it and as MMO's main character is user generated, they lack depth. I know the idea is that it is you, but I just look as see a shallow avatar rather than a character and a Final Fantasy with shallow characters will not do.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:43:53 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Tron Bonne >
England
Amazing collection! Love final fantaasy, have about 15 games now. What's the secret ending for dirge of cerebus?II got stuck on the first boss in the courtyard and gave up within twelve minutes.

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:05:13 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Oh, now that would be telling Lets just say it relates to a character from Crisic Core. I recommend playing it, the gameplay isn't that bad .... I can't say the same for the story sadly. But it is a joy to see the cast in top end PS2 graphics. I wouldn't mind playing it again myself, been years now,

Edited: 11/15/2013 at 08:52 AM by Vivi-gamer

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:36:34 PM
xstoneknightx (11)
< Gran Tourist >
Puerto Rico
@Tim81DE: Cool stands mate, I saw the final fantasy x and x-2 hd remake at gamestop and I told the guy that works there if he can give me it after the game has been release, but he told me that other guy will get it ( he reserved it):'(. About the guides, yes I miss those to put it on the pic because is in my other stack of magazines of stuff, I think I dont have the anthology and chronicles guides but for sure I have origins and the dissidia (both games) guides.

@Vivi-gamer: I have the same thoughts like you. Final Fantasy isnt a MMO, since was created always the game has been rpg turn based game. Why final fanatasy, for me, has been really successful. Because of tthe battle system and story. For me I get really engaged when I have to think to do something, for example defeat a boss. You need to think how you can defeat vs they weakness or lack of defend etc, you need to think if magic will more powerfull over strength or summoning is better, etc. You need to plan all that strategy at the battle not before hand because you dont know how will be the enemy, so for me is challenging and difficult because you are always learning new stuff. And of course the story, At least, ff7 to ff10 every character have their own story, this means is not only the main character telling the story or the whole story only focusing on the principal character, each one is important not only for their significant with the main character but also for the advantage that give you in battle. MMo is only focusing in your character and thats all, doing boring quest again and again that you can know what gonna happen next.

But anyway, I will buy ff14 the collector edition when I see it cheap on ebay , but only for collection purpose

Also Vivi-gamer, I will make a video to show you the whole final fantasy X-2 artbook this week, so I will let you know through here

Edited: 10/20/2013 at 09:38 PM by xstoneknightx

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:42:36 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Thank you so much I have The Sky which has some of Amano's art book, but I've always been curious to see it.

And yes I agree with you on that, however I do think Final Fantasy VIII is an exception. I love the game to bits, but I can admit the other than Squall and Rinoa the other characters are a bit shallow. Quistis has no purpose beyond the Dollet mission... However, the character development that Square work on Squall through out the game was just so strong, so strong that I am even willing to over look the weakness in the rest of the cast it as it really is that good.

EDIT:

Also, I created some Final Fantasy themes fot the PS3 a while back, I searched the internet forever to fine official HD backgrounds for the FF CGI promotional work and managedto get enough for some themes. For the icons I have used a mixture of menu portraits, monsters, summons and symbols from the FF title. Since I made them the PS3 XMB has had a few updates which have caused issues, but I still think they stand up well:

FINAL FANTASY VII:

LINK - http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/final-fantasy-vii-classics....

My first one, could do with a few improvements but its decetnfro what I had at the time. Full HD backgrounds with al lthe FF characters.

Final Fantasy IX:

LINK - http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/final-fantasy-ix-sprite-the...

The one I use the most, I used more ingame character models and monsters in this one.

Final Fantasy X:

LINK - http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/final-fantasy-x-hd-theme.html

I have actually updated this one recently, so if you really like this one, I can see about uploading the updated one, it was too big for the site to take at 22mb...

To download these themes you can either:
1. Go on the site on the PS3 web browser, go on the theme page and right click on download 'Save target as'.
2. Use a USB stick, Create the following folders on the base of the stick:
     PS3 > THEME > insert theme into this folder.

I wanted to make a Final Fantasy VIII one too, but finding Hi-res images was near impossible. I have 3 but not enough for a theme.

Edited: 10/21/2013 at 08:25 AM by Vivi-gamer

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:35:03 AM
Tim81DE (2)
California
I just noticed no ones given any love to the Gamecube FF. I have a copy in a box somewhere.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:50:39 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I have to be honest, I did have the Gamecube game 'Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles' But I sold it. The game is clearly meant to be a multiplayer game and the only way you can do so is to have the GBA link up ability with the GC, which is rare to come by multiple people with such a set up these days. As a single player experience it is rather week. But it's not just that, I didn't like the art design and the structure of the game, instead of a world map to explore, you just travel to other areas via an icon on a map. I have bought Crystal Bearers for the Wii which despite being very different from an FF game the brief 20 minutes I played of it seemed fun, I do intend to get around to it at a later date.

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:37:28 PM
GameTrigger (5)
< Chrono Crosser >
Estonia
Originally posted by: Tim81DE

I just noticed no ones given any love to the Gamecube FF. I have a copy in a box somewhere.
I have - actually I got GC for only that game (there are others great games also); but it isn't very good game (I still dry to finish it)...

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:51:13 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Final Fantasy Pickups Update

So I received some interesting item yesterday (The Postman wasn't pleased ):

So I got the following:
Final Fantasy IV for the DS
Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition for the PS3
Final Fantasy VIII ArtFX Odin figure

Firstly Final Fantasy IV, it seems decent however the framerate in battles is really bad, to the point where I would rather just play the PSP version which is superb. As for Final Fantasy XIV, I bought it pre-owned, I knew it wouldn't have a code, but I thought I'd  but this now and then buy a registration code later, turns out you cannot do that, I can't even buy a new copy and use that code for the CE disc. However, I didn't buy this with the intention of playing it, I bought it primarily for th Artbook, which is gorgeous! I got it for under £20 too so I am not too bothered about the game and I would never play it anyway with subscription fees. I would take more photos, but there is already a great photo by Tim81DE which covers the content, the only thing I didn't get was the account stick thing.

So that leaves the figure, first time I have ever bought such a thing, I said if I saw it for a decent price I would snatch it and that I did. I got it for merely £13. The scale of the figure is just huge! much bigger than I expected and the detail is just superb. I doubt I will buy any more, I am pretty content with this to be honest. I now keep it infront of my Wii-U gaempad guarding it from any trespassess

To show the full-scale, a comparison pic:

Atmospheric Pics:

I also recently bought a Collection of FF Piano Collection discs, however it has turned out that the copies are fake, which I am so disspointed in becuase if the set I got was authentic, it would have been a Goldmine. It was from the US too so it's going to be a real pain to sort out. But I am so happy with my other FF goods, I'm struggling to think what else I really need

Edited: 10/25/2013 at 03:17 PM by Vivi-gamer

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:32:25 PM
xstoneknightx (11)
< Gran Tourist >
Puerto Rico
So you bought ff14 for ps3 hehehehe you went ahead in that one xD. And that Odin figure is the one that I want. I saw it on an auction on ebay but someone beat my bid, sadly I dont bought it :'(. Looks really cool and detailed, I only have Ifrit and Siren from the same series (ff8). Also Vivi, I recorded the ffx-2 artbook so soon I will upload it, I will let you know

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:26:29 PM
Tim81DE (2)
California
@Vivi Gamer - If you really wanted to you can purchase the PS3 CE code at the SE FF14ARR site for $59.99. Link: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/...