PlayStation Classic Announced! It's Happening! December 3RD

Sep 19 at 3:26:15 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Games confirmed:
  • Final Fantasy VII (Square Enix)
  • Jumping Flash! (SIE)
  • R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
  • Tekken 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
  • Wild Arms (SIE)

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced PlayStation Classic, a miniature games console that mirrors the look of the original PlayStation and comes pre-loaded with 20 games. It will launch in limited quantities on December 3 in North America, Europe, and Japan for $99 / €99 / 9,980 yen.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/09/plays...#MmOKH4Cy3icWsujP.99" target="_blank">https://gematsu.com/2018/09/plays...
Source:
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/playstation-classic-announced-launches-december-3

So we have 5 games confirmed, Who wants to try guess the others?

15 I Expect:
Castlevania: SotN
Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Crash Bandicoot
Gran Turismo 2
Quake II
MediEvil
Metal Gear Solid
Parrapa The Rappa
Resident Evil 2
Spyro The Dragon
Syphon Filter
Tomb Raider

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Twisted Metal
Wip3out

15 I Want:
Alundra
Crash Team Racing
Chrono Cross
Galerians

Hogs of War
Klonoa
Parasite Eve
Legend of Dragoon

Metal Gear Solid
Policenauts (translated)
R
esident Evil 3
Silent Hill
Spyro 2
Vagrant Story
Wip3out

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 09/19/2018 at 05:18 AM by Vivi-gamer

Sep 19 at 9:08:04 AM
TDIRunner (16)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
I saw this on a different site this morning. Pretty cool. I honestly thought it was a joke because it's so on the nose to what Nintendo did, but I guess that's to be expected. While I have the other official "classic editions" on the market, this is the first one I truly want to own.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Sep 19 at 9:37:11 AM
sadikyo (87)

(Sadik Yo) < Klonoa >
United States
I am very excited for this!  

I know a lot of Nintendo folks will make fun of it, but I think it's awesome and I'm very curious to see the other titles on it!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 19 at 10:11:41 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I don't see why, there have been many unofficial Mega-drive 'plug in and play' sets for years and with the Neo-Geo & Official Mega-Drive (SEGA Genesis) sets been announced I think it's fair for Sony to make an appearance.

I do think 20 is a bit slim, 25-30 would have really made a difference to a device like this. But considering this is a generation ahead of the SNES & you get an extra controller the price isn't TOO steep.

What I am hoping for is that they present these games in full 1080p. I really expect a much clearer presentation to PS3s Emulation of PS1 games - A 1080p crisp version of Ridge Racer Type 4 would be epic!!!!

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Sep 19 at 10:23:09 AM
sadikyo (87)

(Sadik Yo) < Klonoa >
United States
I think I read it would just be 780p, but who knows, I only researched very briefly so I'm not sure the accuracy of what I found.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 19 at 11:41:17 AM
TDIRunner (16)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
I'm kind of surprised they wouldn't try to release it about 10 days earlier and go for those Black Friday sales. I'm sure it will still be a popular Christmas gift.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Sep 19 at 3:18:30 PM
Slayter (61)
< Bandicoot >
Maryland
It's pretty cool but not for me. I'll save the $100 and continue using my original console that still works perfectly.

Sep 20 at 3:27:44 AM
Red Fish Games (0)
< Bandicoot >
England
It will be interesting to see what games they will include.

Symphony of the Night is surely going to be on there I'd like to see the original parasite eve come to it as it wasn't released in the UK.

I'm not sure they will put resident evil 2 on there die to capcom remastering it.

Hogs of war alundra and castlevania chronicles would be awesome

Sep 20 at 3:21:08 PM
DrAlves (0)

< Bandicoot >
Alabama
Extended INFO:

<PlayStation®Classic> 

Product Name PlayStation®Classic
Product Code SCPH-1000R Series
Launch Date December 3, 2018
MSRP without tax £89.99 / $99USD / €99.99 / 9,980 yen

Included:
PlayStation®Classic x 1 
Controller x 2 
HDMI™ Cable x 1
USB Cable*4 x 1
Printed Materials
Copyrights ©Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

<Specifications> 
Product Name PlayStation®Classic
Video output 720p, 480p
Audio output Linear PCM
Input/output HDMI™ output port
USB port (Micro-B)*4
Controller port x 2
Power DC 5V / 1.0A
Maximum rated power 5W
External dimensions Approx. 149 x 33 x 105mm (5.8 x 1.3 x 4.1 in) (width x height x depth) (excluding controllers)
Mass Console  Approx. 170g (6.0 oz)
Controller Approx. 140g (4.9 oz)
Operating temperature 5℃ to 35℃

Nov 06 at 2:24:31 PM
GetOffMyLawn (0)
< Bandicoot >
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/29/announcing-playst...

Today we are happy to reveal the entire lineup of the 20 games that come pre-loaded on the console when it launches in the U.S. and Canada on December 3. We previously highlighted five fan-favorites – Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. Here’s the full list of titles that fans can now look forward to playing:
  • Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

Edited: 11/06/2018 at 02:25 PM by GetOffMyLawn

Nov 07 at 2:49:45 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I think many on the list are underwhelming - Very surpirsed there is no Gran Turismo or Tomb Raider & I get why Crash & Spyro aren't on there to not distract from the Remasters but still think they're games which are glued to the PS1 experience. Honeastly, I really only see myself playing 9 of the 20 on there... & With games running at 720P and looking no better than they would on PS3 I think I'm passing on this.

Nov 09 at 1:05:56 AM
MeteorBear (0)
< Kratos >
Not bad and not great. I have about 8 titles im excited about for it, really nice to see Persona on there and so many early titles. Some of the picks are odd like GTA wasnt very popular in comparison with the ton of games that could have taken its place, there are two puzzle games which is a stupid as one would have represented this niche genre, Siphon Filter did not age well and there were way better games that could have been there and fit the 3rd person action adventure genre, and finally, what the hell is Mr. Driller, Im assuming it is a throw away title. The rest I understand and think contribute something to the diversity of the catalog.
I personally hate Wild Arms and think there were way better RPGs they could have put in its place but... We got Persona!

Nov 09 at 1:12:00 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Out of all these classic consoles the only one that I'll probably get is the snes classic just so I can play earthbound. The PlayStation classic is pretty weak. Ill pass

At least I'm safe inside my mind

Dec 04 at 1:28:51 PM
skinnygrinny (54)
(a.k.a. the grinder a.k.a. kobra kai! a.k.a. 42 foot tapewoRm) < Bandicoot >
Florida
Originally posted by: Slayter

It's pretty cool but not for me. I'll save the $100 and continue using my original console that still works perfectly.
Same here. The lineup isn’t bad, I mean MGS, FF7 and RE are top shelf titles. Twisted metal, tekken, syphon and GTA were staples back in he day. Oddworld and Rayman are good. Destruction derby 2 would have been the better choice imo. Idk I can spend $100 elsewhere.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 12/04/2018 at 01:30 PM by skinnygrinny

Dec 04 at 2:12:37 PM
Slayter (61)
< Bandicoot >
Maryland
So...it turns out this thing is pretty bad. I love the actual hardware and packaging but including the PAL versions of 9 of the games? Wow, I never saw that coming. Tekken 3 runs so slow that it's hardly even playable (according to what I've seen; I haven't played it myself). Glad I skipped it!

Dec 04 at 7:22:36 PM
supercoupe91 (4)
< Bandicoot >
North Dakota
Game list is poor and games don't even run well. Easy pass for me even though the original PlayStation is my favorite console of all time.

Dec 05 at 10:04:53 AM
TDIRunner (16)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
I've defended the game lineup since it was announced and I will continue to do so because there is nothing there to complain about. However, the final presentation of the system and the way the games play is hard to defend. Overall, I don't care much because I had no intentions of every playing this thing. I love the PS1 and the look alone of this mini console is enough to make me want to get one. The only reason I canceled my pre-order is because I know that I will be able to get one of these at a big discount down the road, and I might as well save my money for that.