Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Getting to Know Our Members waflznsyrup

Apr 03 at 8:17:30 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom

Q: Tell us about where you're from in the world:
I'm from Los Angeles, California. The city is huge. Almost 20 miles from Downtown to the beach and that's just a piece of the city. I'm from a place called North Hollywood. It's North of "Hollywood" you always see on tv hence the name lol.

Q: How long have you been collecting?
I have been collecting since around 2011 after I got my first job. I started with a PS2 and 6 games I bought off of Craigslist.org I just wanted to play GTA San Andreas initially and didn't plan to collect but being so young I didn't know what to spend my money on so I started buying ps2 games and they started piling up. That's where this all started.

Q: Is there a specific game that you've been looking to add to your collection but just can't find it?
There is a game called Lost in Shadow/A Shadow's Tale for the Nintendo Wii that I can never find. Its one of the few Wii games I still want. I know it's not rare but without eBay it's hard to come across it. I also want the blacklabel Crash Bandicoot with the Orange disc. Always find greatest hits instead.
https://i.imgur.com/c1YL4m2.jpg

Q: What is your most prized collectable?
My most prized collectible would probably be my sealed Metal Gear Solid game for the PlayStation. It's got a special place because I found it sealed in a thrift store in 2015 for $1. I couldn't believe it had survived all these years without being opened.

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation console and why?
My favorite PlayStation console would be the PlayStation 2. There are so many fun games on PS2. It's still what I collect most for too. I was 8 when PS2 came out so to me it was mind blowing. The nostalgia plays a part In my love for it.

Q: What is your favorite video game franchise and why?
My favorite game franchise would probably have to be Metal Gear Solid. I really like all the games in the series except the new Metal Gear Survive one. It's definitely my favorite story in video games. I was gonna say Tony Hawk's Pro Skater franchise because I use to play religiously and it got me into skateboarding in real life but that series turned into a complete dumpster fire after Tony Hawk's American wasteland.

Q: What is your favorite video game memory?
My favorite video game memory goes all the way back to the beginning. I was probably 5 years old and my sister was 11. We only had the Super Nintendo and we would play Super Mario World every night trying to beat it. Me and my sister finally beat it and it was the craziest thing ever. That was the first game I ever beat and just the memory of playing with my sister as kids is something I'll remember forever.

Q: What are you currently playing, and what are your thoughts on the game(s)?
Right now I'm playing wolfenstein: The New Order on normal difficulty on my ps4. It's definitely a great FPS that is just really fun. I never really play campaign fps but this is one I would recommend. I'm also playing Alien: Isolation on hard mode on my PS4 but I usually only play at night. It's really hard to stay calm and play this. It's very fun but also kind of hard but the challenge is rewarding. I'm almost halfway through both games right now.

Q: What is the next game you are looking forward to?
I love the God of War games so I really want to see how this new one is gonna play out. I'm just really hoping that I enjoy it. I might even have to buy it day1 which I never do. Other than that I want to experience Death Stranding and see what Hideo Kojima is going for with his next game.

Q: Do you have any odd games or hidden gems you would encourage people to try?
There is this odd compilation I have for PS3 called best of PlayStation network vol1. It has an unusual game called Tokyo Jungle that I never hear to much about. I would recommend anyone to try it because I think it is very inexpensive on PSN. It's pretty much an animal survival game to sum it up quickly.

Q: If you could bring over one franchise to PlayStation from another company, what would it be and why?
Thinking about bringing a first party exclusive like Mario or Zelda to PlayStation seems so odd just to think about it so if I could bring another franchise over to PS it would be Sunset Overdrive. I really wanted to play this but don't want to buy an Xbox One for just a couple games I want to play. I love insomniac games and this one looked great.

Q: What are your 10 all-time favorite games?
Top ten all time fav games:
10. Super Mario world - SNES
9. Tony Hawk's Underground – PS2
8. Metal Gear Solid – PS1
7. Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero - PS2
6. Fifa Soccer - The whole franchise, I'm addicted!
5. Max Payne - PS2
4. Ratchet And Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - PS2
3. God of War 2 PS2
2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec – PS2
1. Grand theft Auto: San Andreas – PS2

Q: Do you have any youtube or image sites you would like to share with the community?
My YouTube channel is Waflznsyrup just like my imgur and psn account.

You can find all our other Members Features within the Link below:
http://playstationage.com/forum/m...

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]
Support Shenmue III's KickStarter!: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

Edited: 04/03/2018 at 08:33 AM by Vivi-gamer

Apr 03 at 8:29:04 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Thanks for your time waflznsyrup  

I was looking into A Shadows Tale on Wii, but it is certainly one of the more pricey Wii games out there...

I need to get back into GTA San Andreas, I was enjoying the PS3 phsyical release - Which I still believe to be better than the PS4 Emulation version.

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Apr 03 at 12:21:41 PM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
Nice. I'd missed seeing these.

Nice score on that sealed MGS. That game is so good. Very surprising to find it sealed at a thrift shop.

Apr 03 at 2:43:22 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

Thanks for your time waflznsyrup  

I was looking into A Shadows Tale on Wii, but it is certainly one of the more pricey Wii games out there...

I need to get back into GTA San Andreas, I was enjoying the PS3 phsyical release - Which I still believe to be better than the PS4 Emulation version.

Thanks for including me in this Vivi.

Ya know the used video game store by my house sells lost in shadow for$16 but no one ever trades it in so it's never in stock. 😕

San Andreas is an awesome sandbox to be in. I almost100% it without a guide. Just need the last collectibles. Yea I played the ps4 version. It felt weird playing it. I'm definitely gonna get the ps3 version still

At least I'm safe inside my mind

Apr 03 at 2:45:13 PM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Do you have a GameStop anywhere near you? They should sell Lost in Shadow for under $10. That's where I got mine a few years ago.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Apr 03 at 2:46:18 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Originally posted by: hammerfestus

Nice. I'd missed seeing these.

Nice score on that sealed MGS. That game is so good. Very surprising to find it sealed at a thrift shop.

Thanks. I agree the game is great. Yea I found it sealed in the cd section of the thrift. All cd's are 99 cents at that thrift and they didn't know it was a game lol.

Apr 03 at 3:07:14 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Do you have a GameStop anywhere near you? They should sell Lost in Shadow for under $10. That's where I got mine a few years ago.

oh man I wish it was that easy lol. It is only ten bucks at game stop but I'm telling you I never see it. I just did the search on gamestop app and none of the stores have it used within like 25 miles to me lol. Persistence usually pays off and luckily I have this backlog to keep me busy.

Apr 03 at 4:14:06 PM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Cloud >
Illinois
Originally posted by: waflznsyrup

oh man I wish it was that easy lol. It is only ten bucks at game stop but I'm telling you I never see it. I just did the search on gamestop app and none of the stores have it used within like 25 miles to me lol. Persistence usually pays off and luckily I have this backlog to keep me busy.

Have you asked them about shipping a copy to your store?  They do that for me all the time.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Apr 03 at 4:56:19 PM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California

Originally posted by: waflznsyrup

Have you asked them about shipping a copy to your store?  They do that for me all the time.  

I didn't even know they do that. I'll ask next time I go and hopefully get to snag one up finally

Apr 03 at 6:20:55 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
If you find it let us know what you think, I've put it on my search radar nows  

Apr 04 at 1:21:47 AM
waflznsyrup (0)
< Kratos >
California
Will do.

Apr 04 at 2:33:12 PM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Quite a coincidence I'd have to say a shadows tale  

Still though It's not really an expensive or rare game in the US like europe so maybe you might be lucky at some point to get one for a tenner at gamestop or just get one for 15 20 $ shipping included on ebay since it doesn't go for to much on ebay as far as the usa version goes.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

http://vgcollect.com/sworddude...

Edited: 04/04/2018 at 07:03 PM by Sword Dude