Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What to do with Duplications, Duplications?? Games you have multiple copies of or have HD Remasters for

Apr 23 at 3:11:26 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Hi ladies and gents,

My gaming shelf has been stuffed, i mean games ontop of eachother stuffed! So I decided to clean it up today. What I dia was remove all the ALL of the games in which I have duplicates for or to which I have Remasters for:

All of these games I have remasters for on PS3 or PS4 and I simply don't use. I don't intend to get rid of them as many of them are classics in which I like to have in their orgiinal form, so I have decided to box them up:

The box has a lid so they should all be safe   But now my shelf is much MUCH clearer for the many upcoming PS4 titles I am gathering at an alarming rate (this year has been colossal in new releases). I have boxed away special editions of games, so it is nothing new, but it something I felt needed to do. I'm curious to see what others would do in the situation, would you get rid of the older copies of games that you wont use much? Do you have other methods of keeping games that aren't on your shelf?

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...

Edited: 08/03/2017 at 02:27 AM by Vivi-gamer

Apr 24 at 1:23:54 PM
hammerfestus (7)
< Kratos >
Ohio
I don't really have a similar situation. I love the wall of games effect in my game room so the titles I do usually have different versions of (mostly jewel case versions of longbox games) I usually go with the buy more shelving solution   . Though if space is a concern I'd definitely do the plastic bins like you did.

Apr 24 at 2:41:59 PM
TDIRunner (10)
< Kratos >
Illinois
I've also gone with the more shelving route, but there will come a time (sooner rather than later) that space will become an issue. I've thought about it and the first thing to go will probably by my variants. I don't specifically collect variants, but if I pick one up in a large lot of games, I always keep it. However, if space was an issue, I don't need to keep 4 versions of Tomb Raider II that all play the same.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Apr 25 at 12:15:38 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
I'd love to get another shelf but I only really just got this one - Well the same shelf put ontop of my old one   I simply dont have room for another one, so I went through all the games which have HD Remasters of and boxed them up. I can't see any reason to get rid of them, one day in the future I may have my consoles in other rooms so having PS3 versions will come in handy. I have no problem getting rid of Variants of games that are Platinum or Greatest Hits Editions or games I simply don't like   but I can't part with something sentimental like say an origianl copy of Final Fantasy X.

Apr 25 at 1:50:38 PM
TDIRunner (10)
< Kratos >
Illinois
It's also worth mentioning that just because you have an HD remaster, doesn't mean you won't ever play your originals. There are a lot of HD remasters that are buggy and some that are simply worse than the originals. I ran into that problem last year during the PlayStation Greatest Hits Challenge. I was playing the HD remaster of Frontline, but it got so buggy towards the end, that I had to switch back to the original PS2 title to finish it up. I haven't played the Silent Hill HD games, but I've read that they are very buggy as well.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Apr 25 at 3:48:40 PM
Sword Dude (0)
< Chrono Crosser >
Netherlands
Certain series I will not collect anymore for the newer generations

I will only collect certain titles for the ps3 and ps4. Remasters of ps2 games etc except for ICO/shadow of the collosus HD I will never get.

I mean seriously What's the point of getting them if you will probaby not play them again since you have probably played them on the older console unless it is one of your favourite series.

I would recommend only getting the remasters of games that you truly like.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

http://vgcollect.com/sworddude...

Edited: 04/25/2017 at 04:15 PM by Sword Dude

Apr 25 at 5:10:04 PM
Jacobino (2)
(Cristiano ) < Kratos >
Portugal
I usually trade with friends and or in rpg forums, if none of them want it, I sell it (usually I end up selling them cause most people want stuff for 5€ just to sell it again).

Apr 25 at 6:53:41 PM
FourthChairman (0)
< Bandicoot >
Alberta
Vivi-gamer,
Just wondering what PS4 games you are getting now and waiting to be released? I thought this was a relatively dry year so far for games.

Apr 26 at 1:59:38 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Fox Hunter >
United Kingdom
Oh so many!
Gravity Rush 2, yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nier Automata, kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5, Persona 5

Game I intend to get/want:
Horizon, Resident Evil 7, Tales of Berseria, Syberia 3, Outlast Trinity, Tekken 7, Crash N.Sane Trilogy, Wipeout Omega Collection, Yakuza Kiwami, Final Fantasy XII

So many, but I can't justify buying them all right now as I have such a backlog on PS4 alone   PlayStation Access did a great video a month or so ago highlighting this:

Also, you can check out the calendar of releases I keep updated for inspirations   - http://playstationage.com/forum/m...

Apr 26 at 2:34:43 PM
TDIRunner (10)
< Kratos >
Illinois
No kidding. My PS4 backlog is getting out of hand, and Breath of the Wild on the Wii U is making it much worse, because that's all I'm playing still.